OtakuBoards

80's revival

Omar Harris

I heard G.I. Joe was being shown late night on Cartoon Network. I saw an episode Monday, if I recall and it got me thinking. Why did we love cartoons like these? I have recently bought the DVD of Transformers the Movie and Two VHS's containing the final six episodes of the original TF series. When I saw them the storylines were pretty bad, the voices were awful, and the action sucked. Compare this show with recent spinoffs like Beast Wars and Beast Machines and TF pales in comparison.

Yet, these shows are still considered to be the cream of the crop of American animation. Transformers, ThunderCats, G.I. Joe, He-Man, all shows that were great to our little five year old minds but now that we (or most of us) know that meaning of a good story and dialogue these shows just...suck. The only thing going for them is all the nostalgia you get back in the days watching these shows at 7 uin the morning and getting mommy and daddy to buy all the merchandise related to them (including hte underwear. Or was that just me?) Anyway now all these shows are making a comeback. All of them have recent comic book realeses that are constantly rising up the Diamond Top 100. He-Man is coming back to TV in a cartoon remake and a fourth TF series, Armada is in development as well. What do you think of this 80's revival? Whta attracted you to these shows in the first place and do you still love them like you did as a kid? What are your thoughts?

Guest SunRiZe
I used to love transformers, but now, I've gone on to Dragonball z, and various other anime's But i would really like to see the new one, oh and i liked GI Joe back in the day too

***ignore this attachment****