ZeroBlade Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 Hello, this is my first time in the arts section and I'm here because I need help. I have been trying to figure out how to use photoshop for the past week now and I only been able to enter text into already made pictures I have. I have attached my first atempt to make my own banner and I would like some of you guys to tell me what you think. On another note, if its possible, I would be so grateful to ANYONE who can help me understand photoshop's basics so I can make my own banners in the future. Just taking a picture and putting your name on it feels so cheap...:( Anywho.... the particular skill I am looking for is how to merge other pictures and those cool backgrounds. Any info will do either a tip or a full blown guide (if there's a website, PM me that so I don't break the rules;) ) Besides look on the bright side maybe the info posted here can help othes:) Thanks!
PrettygurlRei Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 hey for your first time you did pretty darn good...
Juu Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]OMG!! :wow: :wow: That's GREAT for a first banner!!!! ALOT better than my first... I love the way you put the banner to one part of his face. I'd rate it a 8.6/10 ^_^ btw, here's my [i]first[/i] banner.. *sigh*[/color] [/size]
Chaos Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 ROFL!!! Juu, I know that banner's'not aimed towards me, cuz...Well..*aims hand at nearby city, and in a flash of ki, there is no more city* Heh... Pretty good Zero... But I know the secret of that banner... But I won't tell anyone..;P [b]6.10[/b]
Flash Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 That's a banner? More like a picture with some text slapped on it. I don't think that even deserves a rating...
Juu Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]So what if the banner's aimed at you? *dodges some KI blasts and runs* JK!! and btw.... *looks closely at the banner again* Yep. Well, if it were actually [i]made[/i] by you.... then... I'd give you that rating... but true, it does look somewhat like a cheat.. :P [/color] [/size]
ZeroBlade Posted August 4, 2002 Author Posted August 4, 2002 No need SuperSaiyian, I'll say that secret. I actually forgot to tell how I made that banner since I made the same topic and another Message boards:p The only thing I did was put my name on the picture with an effect or two Juuthena. The format is just a font I have that Photoshop detects. The background was a pic I had that was done and taken from the Megaman X5 video game. It just so happen to be a good size so I just put ZeroG214 on it. Now me being a drawer, thats why I said it felt cheap to me..... Now as for your first banner. If you did that background on your own then I salute you! I don't know how to make something like that! Which is why I ask for help from ANYONE!:help: Back to my first attempt.... THANKS to guys if you think its really good though.
Juu Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Yeah, I made that whole thing by scratch. If you wanna see all the steps it took me to do it, fine.... I saved each step.. -_- If you want help, I'd ask one of the photoshop gurus... *looks over at supersaiyan*[/color] [/size]
ZeroBlade Posted August 4, 2002 Author Posted August 4, 2002 That'll be great Juuthena! Just post, PM or email me how you did it. I'm in your debt already!:) Now to get advice from the Gurus....
Chaos Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]That's a banner? More like a picture with some text slapped on it. I don't think that even deserves a rating... [/B][/QUOTE] DUDE!!! SHOW SOME COMMON DECENCY!!! ><
No-Name Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 I think it's great. There are no limits or expectations for what a banner is and isnt. It's a cool pic with some cool text. Good job, nice work for a first attempt.
PiroMunkie Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [color=indigo]Hrmm... except for the effects on the text, that banner could be made on MS Paint, lol. It's good, but not that good considering you use PhotoShop to make it. If you want to learn how to use it better, and make better backgrounds and such, just keep a look out for people like Neil, Aries, Herman, etc. cause sometimes they'll mention a website. Then you can go there and see if they have any tutorials. You should pick it up pretty quick, it's not that hard to figure out after a while. All in all, it also depends on what version of PhotoShop you have...[/color]
Flash Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i] [B] DUDE!!! SHOW SOME COMMON DECENCY!!! >< [/B][/QUOTE] *raises eyebrow* Dude, I don't recall you caring about anyones feelings. j/k, lol.
Psychotik Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 It's really good for a first try, but you have still got a very long way to go. Reverence-out>>
ZeroBlade Posted August 5, 2002 Author Posted August 5, 2002 LOL Piro, yeah I could've just done it on MS paint if I didn't want those effects but I disabled that programs since Photoshop is 'better'. As for what version I have, I got the latest 7.0 and have 6.0 lying around my room.... There shouldn't be too much of a difference between the two... I hope at least.:worried: I'll scout around the forum for any info. Anyway, thanks No-name and Psychotik for the votes.:) And don't SuperSayain about Flash's comment. It doesn't bother me.:mad: j/k
Kinetic Posted August 5, 2002 Posted August 5, 2002 [color=darkblue] That really is just a picture with some text, but that's how I used to have to do things, and you had the font effect, so it's good. ::thumbs up:: BTW: Where'd you get that font? [/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now