Shy Posted August 6, 2002 Posted August 6, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1]While Adam, our beloved webmaster works hard on future sections for the otaku I myself am currently putting together the new and improved Outlaw Star section(!) All of the pieces are falling together for what will hopefully become the greatest Outlaw Star site on the web. I have been working on several different wallpapers for the site (I have posted a few of them) but they are not nearly as well done as my written works. That is where you come in: I need people who can help me to create not just wallpapers, but works of art. Create an original Outlaw Star wallpaper with dimensions 1024 by 768 pixels. The wallpaper can say anything on it, can feature whatever characters from the show you want, etc. You may use any pictures from our picture gallery as you want. No limitations on that. The only limitations are: 1) Above dimensions must be followed, 2) Wallpaper must be original, and 3) Wallpaper must not have any watermarks/signatures/URLs on it and you agree to let us publish them on the site. I will personally accept all entries; don't send them to Adam, because I will be in charge of this. All entries can be sent to [email]Shyguy511@hotmail.com[/email], or posted in this same thread. You can send in as many entries as you would like, but please try to send in only what you feel is your best work. There is no set number of wallpapers that I will accept. I will try to put as many of them on the site as I can, but there is no guarantee that yours will be included. Get your wallpapers ready by August 16th, the tenative launch date for the entire OS section will be soon after that... Good luck, Shyguy[/color][/size]
Sara Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 ::knows nothing about Outlaw Star, but is nonetheless intrigued::
Guest Solid Snake Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 [color=teal]Ah, just as I start to get good at wallpapers, the opertunity arises to prove myself, lol. I'll probably be working on this, so look for my work in this thread in the future.[/color] :blah:
Semjaza Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 Same with me. I don't know jack about the show (I only watched it twice). Same thing with that DBZ contest (although I used to watch the videos of it several years ago). I guess the 50/50 chance is now 100%, right Solid Snake? Hehehe :excited:
Sara Posted August 8, 2002 Posted August 8, 2002 Shy, question [for whenever you get back. >_<] You said no URLs. That include theOtaku?
Shy Posted August 9, 2002 Author Posted August 9, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1]I am supposed to be on vacation, why am I on the boards?! :whoops: Cera: Right, do not put any URLs on the wallpaper, including the otaku's. The Otaku's logo/URL/whatever will appear on the published product, but do not include it yourself because of fear that everyone will inckude weird fonts and such.... I haven't received/seen any wallpapers yet, so everyone get to work. -Shy[/color][/size]
Sara Posted August 9, 2002 Posted August 9, 2002 : p I wasn't going to send you anything when you were on [i]vacation[/i]! But you seem to be here anyhoo.... Soon as I get back on my home computer, I'll send something your way.
Kinetic Posted August 9, 2002 Posted August 9, 2002 [color=darkblue] Hmm...Well, I just made a coolish background for a wallpaper, so I might send one your way, Shy ;) [/color]
Sara Posted August 9, 2002 Posted August 9, 2002 pfffffft A'ight, y'all, only Shy's supposed to look at this, 'kay?
Shy Posted August 9, 2002 Author Posted August 9, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1]Hmm.. very interesting. You used a quote by Longfellow.. that was [i]very[/i] unexpected. I give you points for originality though, heh. I will hold my judgement for all entries until the final due date, so that nobody is encouraged/discouraged to so more/less.[/color][/size]
Sara Posted August 9, 2002 Posted August 9, 2002 ::razzes him:: It's not so much the quote fit the picture, as the picture fit the quote. :whoops: 'Sides, I like that verse.
Shy Posted September 12, 2002 Author Posted September 12, 2002 [color=darkblue][size=1]Yeah, the boards went down for a month so I decided to hold back on the due date for a while. There is still plenty of time ot throw something nice together and send it my way, the *new* date is Sunday the 15th!.[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now