Kinetic Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 [color=darkblue] Well, as you all know, I know nothing about photoshop except filters, and some tricks with layers, so that's about all I use is filters. Well, I've made a new graphic on accident that looks pretty cool, and I made a tutorial for it (really simple, too) 1st step: Create new image, size 745(width)x150(height), with white background, and a 72 resolution. 2nd step: Click on Filter>Render>Clouds. 3rd step: Click on Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates, and select Rectangular to Polar. 4th step: Click on Filter>Stylize>Find Edges, and invert it by clicking on CTRL + I (this is for Windows users, BTW). 5th step: Click on Filter>Brush Strokes>Accented Edges, and here are the stats you type in: Edge Width: 2 Edge Brightness: 38 Smoothness: 5 6th step: Click on Filter>Sketch>Chrome, and here are the stats for that: Detail: 4 Smoothness: 7 7th step: You've already got the effect I made (looks cool, doesn't it?), but I just found something just as good. Click on Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates again (Still rectangular to polar), and it will have a cool, 3d ripple effect. Hope ya like :) BTW: Here's the first outcome: [url]http://otaku.250free.com/tutorialimage2.jpg[/url] And here's the second, ripple type outcome: [url]http://otaku.250free.com/tutorialimage3.jpg[/url] What these remind me of, is a lake within a cave, with just a tiny bit of light shining through. [/color]
projekt_navi Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 Cool, taking a tip from Aries, well ... i'll be doing it now ...
Corey Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 Surprisingly I could duplicate it. It was pretty cool. If you tweak the color balance you can get it to look like water, or oil. Good tut.
Kinetic Posted August 7, 2002 Author Posted August 7, 2002 [color=darkblue] Yeah, I had it with color, but it looks better in black and white. Here's the color one: [url=http://otaku.250free.com/tutorialimage.jpg]Click Me![/url] [/color]
PiroMunkie Posted August 7, 2002 Posted August 7, 2002 [color=indigo]Meheheh, not too bad. It's nothing like I normally do. I made mine look like blood, lol. I also just made my canvas a bit smaller to the 500x100 size. I had that line in the image that using the polar coordinates does, but I just used the smudge tool to blend that in. Anyway, here's my outcome.[/color]
Kinetic Posted August 7, 2002 Author Posted August 7, 2002 [color=darkblue] Haha, that looks cool. I didn't even think of using red. You know that new movie "Bloodworks"? I want to know how they do thier ripple effect, and with what program :blulaugh: [/color]
The Harlequin Posted August 8, 2002 Posted August 8, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]Aries has just unvieled the secret to most of my stuff... Damn. Oh well. Another trick is to make the image larger. Actually ripple it, making the ripples small in magnitude though. Place a lens flare over that, then ocean ripple and glass that. Moonlight on water.[/font][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now