ifm2181 Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 Do the PS2's use the same controllers and memory cards as the old PSX?
Semjaza Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 Playstation cards only save Playstation games. PS2 cards only save PS2 games. You can interchange the controllers though. Dual Shock 2s work fine on PSX. For the most part PSX controllers work fine on PS2... unless the game requires analog button pressing (such as The Bouncer or GT3). In which case a normal PSX controller won't work well or at all.
Red Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 [b]You can use Playstation cards for your PS2 save games, but they will use up a lot of blocks.[/b]
No-Name Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 ^I haven't tried that but I know you can't save PS games on your PS2 card. But I hear some controllers from PS work on PS2 (like SA said).
ifm2181 Posted August 10, 2002 Author Posted August 10, 2002 [color=slate]Ah, okay. Thanks. I might actually buy one, if I have enough money.[/color]
RicoTranzrig Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i] [B][b]You can use Playstation cards for your PS2 save games, but they will use up a lot of blocks.[/b] [/B][/QUOTE] I thought it was the other way around where you can use your 8MB PS2 memory card to back up your PSone games.
Semjaza Posted August 10, 2002 Posted August 10, 2002 No it won't work that way. I've yet to try to save a PS2 game on a PSX card, as it seems useless... But, PSX games won't even recognize that there is a PS2 card in the slot at all. It just says "Memory Card Not Found," or something to that effect.
Charles Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 This was a simple question and I feel that it has been thoroughly answered. There is no point in keeping this topic open....
Recommended Posts