Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=crimson]Popularity, who needs it? If you got good friends should it even matter what other people think of you that you don't even know as a person? I say DOWN WITH POPULARITY!![/COLOR]
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Why in the world are you guys discussing the definition of geek? That's geeky in the first place lol.

Anyone that is as familiar with PCs, the internet and frequents message boards is a dork/nerd/geek in some fashion. I have no problem with being a dork.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]That's not neccessarily true either. In terms of computers (since it's a subject most are familiar with) a geek is one who works mostly with the internet, knows how to work it, how to manipulate it, etc. A nerd knows more about the computer itself rather than the internet.

Of course the definition of both do not rely on technical knowledge. Nor are they neccessarily insulting.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Those were just the short versions of the definitions.
I just didn't want to take time to type that much.
And I agree with you.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
:therock: Hmm well being the fact that you clearly defined the definitions of all three and my main job is related to net and pcs. I am a dork! Well theres nothing wrong with being any of those things, though once again if I may say so. Labeling is wrong guys! What ever happened to everyone being equal? ;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Labeling is wrong guys! What ever happened to everyone being equal? ;)[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Did I ever say one was better than the other? Noo. :p[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:therock: Hmm well being the fact that you clearly defined the definitions of all three and my main job is related to net and pcs. I am a dork! Well theres nothing wrong with being any of those things, though once again if I may say so. Labeling is wrong guys! What ever happened to everyone being equal? ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Down with the labels! No more Downy for you! :p [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...