OtakuBoards

an avatar...oh darn it!

Hyper

Ever had that moment when you find that perfect avatar?
Then of course you realize its too big. Maybe if we had a resizing feature in the avatar selection everyone could use the image they want without having to use HTML or a complicated art program. Especially now since everyone can have a custom avatar.

[color=indigo]Go to [url]www.irfanview.com[/url] and download IrfanView. It's freeware, it's easy to use, it has a ton of cool stuff it can do (including resizing images quite easily), and you can download plug-ins for it that let you view just about any type of image or movie file. All in all, it's just a cool little program that I use all the time for viewing and editing images. So, yeah, if you need to resize an image for your avatar, just download it and resize it with that. If you ever do anything else with images, you'll probably find that it comes in handy. Especially for converting from one file type to another. It has a feature which converts all of the image files in a folder to a format of your choosing. So, if you have a ton of jpgs that you want in gif format, you can convert them with just a couple clicks.

Okay, I've rambled on enough, lol. It's just that it's a really cool little program. :)[/color]

Actually, i was wondering if i could make my own

For my master plan to animate my avatar into a spinning globe, so that it rotates 360 degrees showing characters as it revolves around

can it be done?

Paintbrush (Paint) can resize images, go to Image|Stretch and Skew. Unfortunately, you can't resize to a pixel, but just divide your wanted pixels by current pixels to get the percentage. Some versions of Paint can save to GIFs and/or JPEGs. (Does anyone know what controls this ability?)