APEMAN Posted September 20, 2002 Posted September 20, 2002 How 'bout that David Blaine? That guy is the greatest street magician of all time. I swear I watched that special that they had on TLC like 4 times. I can't get over those tricks. He's awesome.
Foredaddy Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 His floatation trick is a big sham. Its so easy to do. If you notice whenever he has people watch they are always behind him to the left or to the right. With that angle you cant see the toes. All you do is raise up on the toes lifting the other foo and heel of the foot your using the toes on. Its quite simple and ingenious. :devil:
Transtic Nerve Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Foredaddy [/i] [B]His floatation trick is a big sham. Its so easy to do. If you notice whenever he has people watch they are always behind him to the left or to the right. With that angle you cant see the toes. All you do is raise up on the toes lifting the other foo and heel of the foot your using the toes on. Its quite simple and ingenious. :devil: [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, they did a show on the tricks behind street magic. How they are done and all.
KittyLynn Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 I thought the dove was soo kool...some ppl think it was cruel but he was just helping the dove put the head under itz wing..
Foredaddy Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]Yeah, they did a show on the tricks behind street magic. How they are done and all. [/B][/QUOTE] I didn't see that. I kinda figureed out as soon as I saw it. I do it sometimes to freak people out. Its pretty cool when you get it right. It looks pretty good.:devil:
Char! Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [b][color=teal][size=1]On that show they explained how he floats about 20 feet up in the air... They admit it's a complete hoax, and use special effects to make it work... Depressing... --Mike[/color][/size][/b]
Semjaza Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 All magic is a big sham lol. I've never honestly seen a street magician in person... All I usually see are homeless people near the L tracks (our version of a sbuway, except it goes above ground too, basically) trying to play instruments. Some are really good... some are [i]horrible[/i]. I still wonder how this one guy has a $500 Yamaha keyboard, yet can't even play it. Only real magic shows I've seen in person were at Caesar's Palace.
Char! Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [b][color=teal][size=1]Well, of [i]course[/i] magic isn't real, it's just smoke, mirrors, and sleight of hand. Or, in the floating case, sleight of foot. :) --Mike[/b][/color][/size]
Transtic Nerve Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 Magic isn't a sham at all... you all are stupid if you think that. Magic is just that... Magic... what does magic mean? Illutions.... what is an illution? Something you see that isn't real.... So what's the sham in that again?
Mr. Maul Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 I wached that special on street magic. The floating is a sham! Now I'll never know how to float.*sigh*:(
PiroMunkie Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [color=indigo]I believe it's "illusion" there TN. ;) I've never heard of this guy you speak of. Though I enjoy magic. It's the only kind of deception I support.[/color]
Rancid Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [SIZE=1]*Sigh*....after I saw that special I was depressed because it was so easy to pull the trick. Now I hate all street magic because it's easy to do. I could do it with a piece of pen and paper, it's that simple.[/SIZE]
Semjaza Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 Well if you think that some certain street magic trick is a sham, then really all of it is. That's what I was personally referring to. Either way, I know I could never do any of it :).
Transtic Nerve Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]I believe it's "illusion" there TN. ;) I've never heard of this guy you speak of. Though I enjoy magic. It's the only kind of deception I support.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Illusion, smalusion, it's all the same! Again, Mr Maul.... if you actualy believed the guy was floating... I encourage you to go to the roof of your house, close your eyes, and junp on to a sharp metal pole.
zidane11 Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 Yea, I've known how to do that flotation trick since like fourth grade. It's really cool but the spectators have to be at a certain angle.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now