Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was just wondering if you would rather see all the cartoon network episodes in english or see the japanese versions. The reason for me asking is because cn usually leaves parts out but it is at least in english. I myself would like to see both but only if the japanese version has sub titles.(Haven't seen any yet) Thanks for your opinion.
Posted
[color=red][b]I would rather see Japanese Subs. That's why I buy the dvds. They got the original japanese version on it, with the original opening and ending credits.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]but sometimes it's just fun to make up your own dialogue, lol.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]That it is....[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=red]I'm unemployed and have no money, so I'm stuck with Toonami dubs. Hey, just watch that, read a fan-site on the Japanese eps and you're caught up with everyone. Contrary to popular belief, there's not that much of a difference between the two.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
I like the ones with subtitles but I can't find many. I don't really feel like buying them either. Don't have a job yet. I guess I don't really mind the cn versions though.
Guest Renegade V2
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][B]Personally I would prefer to see the Japaneese subtitled version. But sometimes, I am just forced to watch the Toonami version. [/B][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Renegade [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][B]Personally I would prefer to see the Japaneese subtitled version. But sometimes, I am just forced to watch the Toonami version. [/B][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What makes the toonami version so bad though. It's been a while since I read or talked about it so I can't remember or don't know what is different about it. I don't mind watching it but I would also like to see the japanese sub titled version.
Guest Chibi Gohan
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]What makes the toonami version so bad though. It's been a while since I read or talked about it so I can't remember or don't know what is different about it. I don't mind watching it but I would also like to see the japanese sub titled version. [/B][/QUOTE]
Think about it. Even though that is the only way I get to see Dragonball Z. I still have to point out the flaws.
It's very cheesy and has crappy dialouge. Lots of things were changed in the process of dubbing. I thought the first season was a pretty good adaption of the series. But it went downhill after that.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
I'd rather see the Japanese episodes. Which is probably why I used to buy the fansubs. :-D I'd rather see the real thing,non-edited and what not. :D
Posted
[b]I like watching the Japanese subs, but I will watch the FUNi/Canadian versions just to see the basic action and continuing storyline. I won't go out and buy the DVDs or anything like that, as I feel that watching fan subs isn't necessarily essential.[/b]
Posted
I would much rather watch the Japanese version any day, Basically because the FUNi subs are absolute garbage, and have lame pathetic corny jokes that don't make sense in thier context, things like Furiza saying, "your species will go the way of the Dodo", when Furiza had never been to earth, let alone know what a Dodo is,

that and alot of rock music in the movie specials, which would be O.K if it was in context with the actuall storyline (the Digimon movie does this really well.)

so that's why I'd prefer a good 'ol Japanese sub any day.
Guest ---SSJ Gohan---
Posted
I don't like the japanese subs (gasp!) for several reasons. You wanna talk about cheesy; the music in the japanese subs is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard. Oh, and could someone tell me why the male characters in the japanese subs are WOMEN!?!?! That more than irritates me to here goku screaming japanese in a woman's voice! Not to mention the fact that you have to watch everything again to see what you missed while you were busy reading the stupid subtitles. Honestly, I don't understand why people insist you have to watch these vile, substandard versions to be supposed true fans of dbz. Ok, they cut some stuff out of the dubs, but really, its not that much. Besides, I like the voice actors in the dubs (they have gotten much, much better...and videl sounds really cute :D). At least the men are really men in the dubs!
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
i like them both, i like the Cartoon network one for when i just want to chill out and watch it and i like the Subs because hey are funny and dont cut out any words
Posted
I like the Japenese versin, subbed that is. I like it because it doesn't cut out real good scenes that need to be shown. I don't remember any in the DBZ movies, but I do recal some scenes I think?Let me think.......
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Funny... I don't remember voting in this thread... but it's just... there.. o_O

mm... here's my two cents. ^_-

I've been renting the dvd's from japantown for two months now, after seeing the ep where goku goes ssj3, in english. It seemed so pathetic, so I decided to try the dvd's since I heard so much about how it's better and all.... (I'm still [i]such[/i] a newb in anime... :rolleyes: )

*ahem* anyway.. The japanese version is [i]much[/i] better in my opinion. I was browsing in koreatown, before going to japantown with my friends, and I came across a korean version of dbz...

erg... the only voice that's good is buruma's. Goku still sounded like a little kid, chi chi sounded 80, and cell sounded as if he were... umm... never mind.... ^. ^'[/color] [/size]
Posted
Another thing I just saw today in the regular dragonball series is goku and Bulma were fishing and they caught a fish with money in it's mouth. I just know that it was added. You could tell by the way the person drew it, it was american money, and there was a cheesy phrase to go along with it. Unless anyone can correct me I think that it was added in. You never know, it might have been in the japanese version but funimation just changed it.
Posted
Frankly, I like the Japanese ones better that the english. They have the original people for it.. But don't get me wrong, there are times when I have no choice but to watch the english version and have to laugh at the comic relief! :-D
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Umm can I have the option of something else, I mean the show is 12 years old already but if I was forced to choose one version it would hands down be the Japanese version of all incarnations of Dragonball-Dragon ball GT. What funimation did to this anime was unexcusable, and with that note I will end this little rant.
Posted
i've only seen english eps, but i would love to watch japanese DBZ/GT because of all the editing done by the censors. So i'd have to say Japanese even though I can't seem to find any tapes of Japanese eps.
Posted
lol...

I watch both... i get the new vids from Funimation monthly... while "sharing" the Japanese versions on the net...

I just like to watch 'em both... and note the differences and laugh at the same joke that's phrased different ways in each.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...