Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Spriggan was a good action-only movie, but I would Highly recommend Princess Mononoke. Most places have it, and it's one of my favorite anime movies. Escaflowne the movie was also pretty good. Other than that I didn't really like most of the anime movies I've seen....
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]It really depends on what you are looking for. My favorite anime movie is probably "Kiki's Delivery Service". It was an incredible film, every small detail about it seemed to fit perfectly. "X" is another good film, even though the storyline can be a bit confusing at times (not to mention some questionable content).

So, if you want a film that is fun for the whole family watch: Kiki's Delivery Service, My Friend Totoro or Spirited Away (which is supposed to be excellent).

But if you want a more adult anime movie watch: X, Vampire Hunter D, or Ghost in the Shell.

Everyone loves Akira except for me... oh well...

-Shy[/color][/size]
Posted
If you like horror movies check out Perfect Blue.

But if you want an anime for everyone in your family, rent Kiki's Delivery Service, or if you have some little kids, maybe My Neighbor Totoro 0_-

I highly recomend the Utena Movie, the Oh, My Goddess! Movie, and Mononoke Hime, there all really good for first anime movies, but you should probably wait until you see the series for the Utena Movie.

Also, if you like Yaoi watch Fake.
Posted
I suggest [i]Grave of Fireflies[/i],[i]Spirited Away[/i],[i]Fatal Fury Motion Picture[/i],[i]Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust[/i]

Ebert and Roeper say [i]Grave of Fireflies[/i] is one of the greatest movies of all-time.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm....my personal picks would be
Akira
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Pefect Blue
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion (Do not rent unless you've seen the show though)
Cowboy Bebop Knocking on Heavens Door
Yotoden the Movie

I have a couple of others I would suggest to you, but first off what genre of anime are you looking to watch?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]finally someone else who put Perfect lue..
has no one seen this movie? or does no one like it?? you people are crazy!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I like Perect Blue, I saw it about two weeks ago..it was intresting, I'm going to buy the DVD as soon as I get some money ^_^
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm, I think the problem Forest is that many people are just turned off by the dvd cover. I've had friends look at the cover of the dvd and mistake Perfect Blue for a Hentai. Also keep in mind that the only anime movies that are heavily promoted usually are either from Dragon Ball Z, or anime classics.

Personally I think advertisement has to do with it, if you open up an anime catalog most of the stuff advertise is mainstream....unfortunately even though Perfect Blue is available almost every where, the movie really isn't considered that main stream.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]MOVIES...well, I am more a series person than a movie person. But I do like the Ranma 1/2 movies. I like Galaxy Express 999. Alot of people are turned off by it because it's so old, but the storyline is classic and deep and it just really appealed to me. Especially because I like Science Fiction so much. Also, Green Legend Ran was an interesting one. And for series, watch Neon Genesis Evangelion!! It's the absolute best.[/color][/size]
Posted
The Kenshin movie is pretty nice to watch if you've seen a good deal of the eps. It may not be as good as the series, but it's still great. If you dont know anything about Kenshin though, you shouldn't see it because it won't make any sense then.
Posted
I think that the two devil man movies are awesome. 2: the demon bird is much better than 1:the birth because akira is devil man from the start and there is alot more action. It also features the best demon ever jinman.
Posted
What movies did I like??...... Lets see Macross Plus was great. Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on heaven's door. Last movie I saw was Zeiram: The confrontation on the Sci-fi channel a long time ago. Thats about it. Galaxy Express 999 was good too really, I didn't care if it was old or not (since I didn't know really!) but hey, anime is anime, and if its good to hell with age!
Posted
I can't belive nobody has mentioned Metropolis. It's a great movie made in part by the creator of Galaxy Express 999...
[Edit]Correction..Vegeta Rocker did mention Metropolis.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...