OtakuBoards

A suggestion

Guest storm_410

Guest storm_410
Hey, *waves*, new here. Well, new in the Otaku board, been visiting your site(s) for a while now.
Anyways you guys are really big right? I mean you have a ton of stuff and I know that there are a ton of people who visit the site(s). So why not take the 'Otaku experience' one step farther. Throw a few contests once in a while.

Art, writing whatever. Just the recognition of being a finalist would be award enough for most people and its easy to make little "won 1st at Otaku's ______ contest" badges. You could even just make a section in the message board under art made especially for contests. People who visit could run them and then Otaku could hold their own occasional contest every once in a while.

Contests are alwasy a nice addition to any site. Although the few sites who actually have enough visitors to hold them never do while the sites that do hold them never have enough visitors to get any real good competition going on. There are the exceptions of coarse but those are far and few between. (I know of one... Roshi's Island...)

So there yeah go. That is my one suggestion, hope you think about it to at least some sort of level.

Keep up the great work.

Storm

[color=royalblue]Well, we have had competitions before. And occasionally we do hold them.

Actually, you might notice the Event Arena forum. That forum is specifically designed for special events and competitions.

As you can see by the blurb on the forum, we are preparing to start Otaku Big Brother II soon -- the first version was an unexpected success. In a way, OBBII is a kind of competition...and the winner will probably receive some sort of recognition on the site.

So yeah, we don't have competitions very often...but we do sometimes have them. theOtaku.com has also held its own competitions and endorsed competitions by our advertising partners. We've had everything from Anime DVD competitions to competitions where you can win an Xbox, GameCube or PS2.

So all I can really say is that you should watch this space. Every now and then, we hold some kind of event. :)[/color]

Guest storm_410
Ah! Actually I didn't see the events forum. I'll have to go and check that out now wont I? Maybe I'll even start a contest. all I need now is some time to actually do it. *sigh* But chances are that extra time wont be happening anytime soon.
SO you guys actually hold some fairly big cometitions when you hold em. Cool. I'll have to make sure I keep my eye open and enter in any art/writing ones. ^_^
Storm

[color=royalblue]Event Arena is [i]only[/i] for official events. Members are not permitted to create threads in that forum.

OtakuBoards will automatically block members from creating threads; however, members [i]can[/i] reply to existing official threads.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]^^' and btw... James,
What..is..big brother??
*dodges tomatoes*
I'd really like to participateif I can... soo... what exactly is it?[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Big Brother is a reality TV show sort of like a survivor spinoff.