ShadowDragon Posted September 30, 2002 Posted September 30, 2002 Has anyone see this anime? I was reading about it at a website but wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle of earning the money to buy it. So does anybody know?
Semjaza Posted September 30, 2002 Posted September 30, 2002 Boogiepop Phantom is excellent. I'm not even sure how to explain it. It doesn't exactly have a main character... It's like each episode is a different persons thoughts or encounter with Boogiepop. It kind of reminds me of Lain in that it's rather complex, but still very vague. It's honestly pretty morbid too. I think it's worth getting, but there simply aren't enough episodes on each DVD, which makes it seem too expensive... I bought it anyway though, and I do recommend it.
Guest animetric Posted September 30, 2002 Posted September 30, 2002 It's extremely slow-paced and I thought it was rather boring. I fell asleep almost every other episode and 13 eps felt more like 130 eps. I have a review of it here - [url]http://www.animetric.com/abc2/boogiepop.html[/url]
Makai Kite Posted October 28, 2002 Posted October 28, 2002 There are only 12 episodes, aren't there? And I do agree that it is a great anime. I've only seen the first volume, myself. But it is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Boogiepop Posted June 24, 2003 Posted June 24, 2003 any one who can really understand this anime will love it but any one who is ignorent to the sort of things that take part in it will hate it
TheGodlyME Posted June 29, 2003 Posted June 29, 2003 I saw one of the eppy's from the Newtype USA preview disc...It looked like it had some potential, but it didn't inspire me to buy the whole series. This is one anime that is gonna have some lovers and haters.(I think they'll be prettey evenly distributed)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now