OtakuBoards

70-seconds?

Hyper

Could you change that 70-second posting rule?
I know its to stop spammers (i think it is..) but is it that necessary? They would still post anyways...
And its getting anoying when I have to wait 10-20 seconds until I can get my post up.

If you took the time to put some quality in your posts then you wouldn't have to worry about the rule. I get the message about once every two days or so. I'm not saying you don't have any quality in your posts but the rule is there for a reason.

[color=royalblue]Exactly. I never get the message.

There is absolutely no reason why you'd need to post twice within 70 seconds. I mean, the limit is there for a reason afterall.

Spammers will always spam, but the 70 second limit is VERY useful for mass spammers.

Only today, we had some guy register called "Mr. Jiggly Arse" or something. He posted once...and because of the 70 second delay, I was able to delete his account and ban his IP before he could post again.

Moderators who were around during v2 will remember how frustrating it was for us to have to clean up ten or twenty posts that were posted in rapid succession. I think it's better to retain high security at the expense of people who post incredibly fast. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Exactly. I never get the message.

There is absolutely no reason why you'd need to post twice within 70 seconds. I mean, the limit is there for a reason afterall.

Spammers will always spam, but the 70 second limit is VERY useful for mass spammers.

Only today, we had some guy register called "Mr. Jiggly Arse" or something. He posted once...and because of the 70 second delay, I was able to delete his account and ban his IP before he could post again.

Moderators who were around during v2 will remember how frustrating it was for us to have to clean up ten or twenty posts that were posted in rapid succession. I think it's better to retain high security at the expense of people who post incredibly fast. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that to. Some people would post the whole alphabet with each letter being a single post. I guess you didn't say anything about verion 1 because well, moderators didn't really moderate back then. At least not as much as they do now. I confess to making a thread just because I reached my 800th post. That's all over and done with by now.

Wasn't there 90 second flood control in version one?

Eh, I get it sometimes; mostly when I have more than one window open, and finish up two things at once. A bit annoying, but I'll live. At least, it hasn't killed me yet. ;)

I don't have a problem with it. On average I spend about 5 minutes writing a post. On really long ones I sometimes take up to 15 minutes. And if I'm [i]really[/i] thinking about what I'm saying I can spend hours on the same post (though I don't spend the whole time writing just that one post, I wander around on the internet a bit between inspirational bursts)

Guest SunRiZe
I have got that message only twice, it usually takes me longer to write a post than that.

Mr Jiggly Arse? what is this world coming to........

[color=indigo]The only time I get that is when I accidentally double-click the reply button, heh. And if you happen to have to wait a bit, take the time to go back and read through your post, and correct spelling and grammar mistakes... Of course, it's good to do that all the time, but if you're already waiting, you might as well do something in that time.[/color]