OtakuBoards

The midnight run tonight (friday, aug. 31)

No-Name

i gave up on the midnight run once i found put that they werent playing eps. 12 of 08th ms team until mobile suit gundam is done. but for those of u who havent heard, on the midnight run tonight they are playing anime music videos instead of anime. there will be:
-4 Daft Punk music videos
-4 Gorillaz music videos
-And more...
Who else is gonna see it. i personally found that i like gorillaz for sum reason and how can you not like daft punks "one more time"?

Guest firemac
They showed
A toonami video (I forget the name)
One More Time- Daft Punk
Aerodynamic - Daft Punk
Digital Love - Daft Punk
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
Advanced Robotics-Toonami Video
Broken Promise [Dreams] - Toonami Video
Tommorrow is Today(I think that's the title)- Gorillaz
19/2000 - Gorillaz
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Hellbent- Kenna(I think that was the group name)

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Once more, when I need to wacth something, I can't use the T.V.
I was really looking foward to those videos. Any chance of a re-run? [/B][/QUOTE]
sadly no, but you can watch the first three daft punk videos on the toonami website, and on Sept 4th, the 4th vidoe will premiere on the internet

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i]
[B]
sadly no, but you can watch the first three daft punk videos on the toonami website, and on Sept 4th, the 4th vidoe will premiere on the internet [/B][/QUOTE]
Great! Thanks man!
Mmmmm daft punk:tasty:

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]
Great! Thanks man!
Mmmmm daft punk:tasty: [/B][/QUOTE]
heh, glad to be of service, smoky

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]The 19/2000 video by the Gorillaz... That's some Trippy 5hit right there... [/B][/QUOTE]
what???? what do you mean

What is Toonami trying to pull?

What does Daft Punk and Gozilla whatever have to do with anime? They go against everything they were made to do..... I still won't watch it.... now, if they played Malice Mizer of Deg videos I would watch, but not Daft Punk and Gorilwhatever..... don't get me wrong, I enjoy Daft Punk's music, but not enough to watch toonami ^^

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]What is Toonami trying to pull?

What does Daft Punk and Gozilla whatever have to do with anime? They go against everything they were made to do..... I still won't watch it.... now, if they played Malice Mizer of Deg videos I would watch, but not Daft Punk and Gorilwhatever..... don't get me wrong, I enjoy Daft Punk's music, but not enough to watch toonami ^^ [/B][/QUOTE]
toonami hasn't exactly called themselves to just show anime, and you know if you saw Daft Punk's videos, you would see that they are following a storyline and they are made by an anime artist, who is 70, and Gorillaz, they have animated videos, that's why they showed it, and one of those gorrilaz,"noodle", sounded like he sung japanese a little bit in the video 19/2000, anyways, they were showing animated music videos, that's all, I loved it, I don't care if it's or not anime, I love watching and heatring and I will continue to

well, i really enjoyed one more time and the guitar solo in aerodynamic rocked. digital love was okay. 19/2000 is a cool video and i like the song. i dunno if it was japenese or chinese that noodle was singing. i still dont quite understand why they wanted to blow up the moose in the middle of the road. and clint eastwood was cool. i kinda liked the hellbent video, cause it had sum irony in it, even tho it was mostly claymation. i liked 2 of the toonami videos but the advanced robotics one sucked, no wonder they never played it during the day.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]i gave up on the midnight run once i found put that they werent playing eps. 12 of 08th ms team until mobile suit gundam is done. but for those of u who havent heard, on the midnight run tonight they are playing anime music videos instead of anime. there will be:
-4 Daft Punk music videos
-4 Gorillaz music videos
-And more...
Who else is gonna see it. i personally found that i like gorillaz for sum reason and how can you not like daft punks "one more time"? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I thought the special edition sucked when it came to choice of music. Gorillaz suck, Daft Punk suck.. it was pretty sucky all the way around...[/SIZE]