Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Anyone like The Beatles? No, I'm serious...stop laughing!


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=blue][size=1]Does anyone here like The Beatles? I only started to like them in the past year or so (I was too young and ignorant before that;))
They may be an old band, but I like them...they're better than certain 'singers' today:p[/size][/color]
Posted
Yep, there's nothing like a good ol Beatles song... :angel:

Okay, so I only know "She Loves You." Personally, I'm more of a Monkees fan. There's probably some Beatles songs I know, but I probably don't know it's them. Like, I don't know if that song that goes "Help! I need somebody!" by the Beatles or not.
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]Yep, that's the Beatles.
Yea, the Monkees are ok, I only know a couple of their songs though (That "Hey, hey, were the Monkees" song and a few others).
My favourite Beatles song is probably 'Hey Jude'.[/size][/color]
Posted
I like 'Yesterday'. It's one of my favourites. They certainly were a pretty revolutionary band. Thing is, my dad used to listen to them ALL the time, so I'm a bit sick of them. Them and the Moody Blues.
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I love to listen to oldies, and they come on a lot. I don't think that I really love them or anything, but they are a good band. I suppose many think they are the best. . but to me, it's just another band *shrug* They have many good songs, and I love singing along with any songs that I know =P

As for the Monkeys ^_^ I love them. . they are so funny. I miss their show on TV. They used to show it on late night on a more local station, but then decided to take it off *sigh* [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]Thing is, my dad used to listen to them ALL the time, so I'm a bit sick of them.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue][size=1]That's kind of the opposite of me. My dad likes the Beatles as well, and I've been trying to force him to buy a Beatles cd...hmm, maybe I'll buy it for his birthday

Wow, I am so not cool:blush:[/size][/color]
Posted
Why would anyone laugh because you like the Beatles? I'm not a huge fan, but Eleanor Rigby and While My Guitar Gently Weeps will [i]always[/i] be great songs.
Posted
[b]I live near Abbey Road Studios, where the Beatles did a lot of recordings. You can see that there is still an enormous fanbase following the Beatles due to the graffiti written on the walls outside Abbey Road Studios, which they have to paint over and spray every 2 weeks. Personally, I only liked a few of the Beatles songs, but I could never sit down and listen to a whole album.[/b]
Posted
What they did in the music scene? They created hordes of screaming, fainting women who had nothing better to do than obsess about fu-- ok, I'm not going there. That tradition is still carried on today by many boy and girl bands.

Or do you mean the type of music they did? Yeah, they made way for a newer type of music, and something involving something else that I forgot becuase I only watched five minutes of the program on the Beatles, but the fan clubs they had . . . yeech.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sere Tuscumbia [/i]
[B]
Or do you mean the type of music they did? Yeah, they made way for a newer type of music, and something involving something else that I forgot becuase I only watched five minutes of the program on the Beatles[/B][/QUOTE]

That's what I meant.
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]That laughing thing was just a joke, Semjaza...but then again, some of my 'friends' would probably laugh at me for liking the Beatles[/size][/color]
Posted
Yea the beatles are ok with me. Especially since I had gotten older and learned that they had stuff that wasn't like the "Im wanna hold your hand" crap.

definitly not a bad band. In fact one of the better ones of all time. still nothing compared to grateful dead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...