Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=red]Okay, throughout "Yu Yu Hakusho", everyone calls Kuwabara...well, Kuwabara. But when he introduces himself, he introduces himself as Kazuma Kuwabara. Now, I'm confuzzled. Is his first name Kuwabara or Kazuma? I'm pretty sure it's Kazuma, but I just want to make sure before I change anything on my site.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
It's hard to tell, since it's dubbed. O.o;; Everyone may call him by his last name in the anime, and he says his name the English way, or he may be saying it the japanese way with his last name first, and everyone calls him by his first name. It's hard to tell once they've dubbed it, so basically I have no clue. heh heh...
Posted
I suppose it would make sense if Kuwabara was his surname (last name), seeing as how he calls Yusuke by his last name (Urameshi). People who aren't really that close to him call him Kuwabara, so I guess it's his last name.
Posted
"kuwabara" is a Japanese last name.

However, in Japan, most people address each other by last names unless they know the person well enough to call them by their first. It is a very respectful way of talking to be people... which is why you see all these "san" "kun" suffixes... it's like "Mr." and such.

I find it odd he addressed himself as kazuma kuwabara. Usually they say last name first. It was a rather humorous part in Marmalade Boy actually, where Miki was trying to remember her English class... "I am Koishikawa Miki"... and then she remembered her English classes and that you flip the names.
Posted
[size=1][color=firebrick]The only thing I can come up with is that he likes being clled/calling people by their last names. He calls Yuseke, Uremeshi (spelling?) alot. O_o[/size][/color]
Posted
I think people are called by their last name very frequently, I know they are at least in anime, since I've never been to Japan or anything. :p It's just a different way of adressing people than we do here.... It's doesn't necessarily mean he "likes" being called by his last name. ^-^
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I think people are called by their last name very frequently, I know they are at least in anime, since I've never been to Japan or anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

They are. I already addressed that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...