Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Alright, here's an amusing ( or strange you could say) anecdote: I went to buy some boosters the other day because one of our pass-times at the anime club I belong to is playing Yu-Gi-Oh! when we are done watching videos and video games. I decided to try the "Phaoroh's Servant" cards. Big mistake! :eek: This new expansion seems to be a little too strategic for me. The cards don't live up to the "Legend of Blue Eyes" and "Metal Raiders" expansions that were equaled out with strategic and powerful monsters and magic cards. Am I missing the whole point with this new expansion or is it another scrap thrown at us to keep us content until the structure decks?
Posted
Well LOB and MRD are balanced more.

English Magic Ruler is made of Japanese Magic Ruler and Japanese Pharoah's Servant. Magic Ruler has really good magics and everything doesn't quite macth up on the other hand.

English Pharoah's Servant consists of Japanese Curse of Anubis (pretty sure) and J. Thousand Eyes Bible. Unlike Magic Ruler, this deck mainly concentrates on traps, seeing as how more than of half of the series is traps..

So as more series are relased more combos and strategies and rulings are going to come about. Its just there are so many possibilites.
They created Buster Blader to tear through dragon decks.
But they also came up with DNA Operation to stop it. Eventually every card will have a weakness as more are created. So the startegies get more complicated.
Posted
Well thanks for your help guys. :) Just as you said, I did notice how much of a diverse array of traps there are. And, my brain is spinning from them. LOL :laugh: I think I'll go back and read them over again because I'm confused with their effects. Your right Domon, these were made to make you think. Maybe to think too much.... :eek:
Posted
[i]Am I missing something, or are most of the PSV monsters incredibly weak? All the good monsters are nearly impossible to get (Jinzo of 1000 Hands, Buster Blader...) I must admit, the traps rock from what I've seen so far...[/i]
Posted
Yep Cloud, your absolutely right. Where are those monster cards? I think Konami just wants us to buy 16 booster boxes to find 1 good card. Seriously. :eek: Maybe since the set is so new, the useful cards haven't been circulating in the retailers enough. I don't know, this is worse than figuring out the Millenium Puzzle. :wigout: Lol :laugh:
Posted
Isn't 1000 Eyes Restrict in PSV? My mom bought me 4 packs of them to make up for not being able to go trick-or-treating. I got some good cards, like Sword Hunter and Limiter Removal.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Axel--Ignition [/i]
[B] All the good monsters are nearly impossible to get (Jinzo of 1000 Hands, Buster Blader...[/B][/QUOTE]

You mean Jinzo and Senju of the Thousand Hands?
Jinzo is from PHS and SOTH is from MRL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...