Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok, turn away from the screen, and listen to her voice, erm, dubbed. Can you guess who it sounds familiar too? FAYE VALENTINE!! ::cough:: Anyway, these series seem to have come out around the same time, maybe Outlaw Star came sooner, so it's amazing how much work this lady is doing.

I dunno, maybe it's not her. I'm crazy.
Posted
Well I do know one thing and that is that you are crazy. :P But about the topic as I said eariler they do seem somewhat alike although I think of suzuka's voice just a smidge deeper. But maybe I'm the crazy one, eh? Lataz

-OD
Posted
Yep, Suzuka's voice is done by Wendee Lee, also known as Faye Valentine from [i]Cowboy Bebop[/i]. (she's also Alpha from [i]Power Rangers[/i], Kiyone from [i]Tenchi Muyo[/i], Biyomon & Sora & TK from [i]Digimon[/i], and about 100 other voices you're probably familiar with)

It's not surprising that she did both voices, even if the shows were released around the same time. Voice acting is a low-competition field. Actors easily have the ability to do more than one series at a time, even in dubs. She's a very talented voice actress, so I'm sure this is easy for her.

Another example of a busy voice actor is Phil La Marr, who does the voices of Samurai Jack, Green Lantern from Justice League, Static Shock, Osmosis Jones (in the Ozzie & Drix TV series, not the movie) and Vamp from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Another reason Wendee Lee does so many voices is because voice acting doesn't pay as much as screen acting. You gotta do a lot of roles just to make ends meet.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Yep, Suzuka's voice is done by Wendee Lee, also known as Faye Valentine from [i]Cowboy Bebop[/i]. (she's also Alpha from [i]Power Rangers[/i], Kiyone from [i]Tenchi Muyo[/i], Biyomon & Sora & TK from [i]Digimon[/i], and about 100 other voices you're probably familiar with)

It's not surprising that she did both voices, even if the shows were released around the same time. Voice acting is a low-competition field. Actors easily have the ability to do more than one series at a time, even in dubs. She's a very talented voice actress, so I'm sure this is easy for her.

Another example of a busy voice actor is Phil La Marr, who does the voices of Samurai Jack, Green Lantern from Justice League, Static Shock, Osmosis Jones (in the Ozzie & Drix TV series, not the movie) and Vamp from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Another reason Wendee Lee does so many voices is because voice acting doesn't pay as much as screen acting. You gotta do a lot of roles just to make ends meet. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkkblue][size=1]*grumbles* [i]I was going to say all of that![/i]

Yes, it is very interesting how many of the same voice actors all seem to appear on our favorite shows. It is also funny to see how many females do voices for male characters (Ash from Pokemon is a good example.)

-Shy[/color][/size]
Posted
That's amazing, I had no idea she did all of those voice. The last thing I would have guessed would be a part in Power Rangers, lol, but anything can happen I suppose. My favorite character she has voiced that I know of has got to be Faye. I mean to say, she put so much character into that voice.
Posted
I know I'm going to be scolded for this, but I'd rather link this page than [i]plagerise[/i] it when I'm trying to be helpful and informative.

A list of Wendee Lee's vocal acting and directing credits...
[url]http://www.voicechasers.org/Actors/W_Lee.html[/url]
Posted
I noticed that a while back. But the only thing I was suprised to see on those credits is, The Bouncer. I never heard her voice in the game, maybe I just missed it. Now I have to play the game again. :p

-D.S.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...