Well, cursing is thrown around alot more in FF7 than in FF8 and FF9. As far as I know, neither FF8 or FF9 were censored. From what I heard, Sony added cursing to FF7 to try and make themselves look more adult (though, IMO that made things that should appeal to adults seem more childish. Stupid stereotypes.). I don't consider the "d" word with God's name behind it to be a minor curse. Alone it's minor, but even that word alone I find offensive when it is thrown around alot for no reason. I'm pretty sure both "b" words were there too.
I'm not anti FF7 and I do like the game, but I have other issues with it besides the cursing (less balanced than FF6, shorter quest than FF4, FF5, or FF6, prerendered backgrounds used for dungeons, thus making them smaller than dungeons in other FF games, and no alternate world like in previous games). FF7 may have gotten the most publicity, but IMO FF6, FF4, and even FF5 are superior.