The first Anime I saw was when I was five, I saw 'Gigantor' on the sci fi channel. I had no idea it was Anime then (problably cause the term 'Anime' didnt exist yet) but it was just some giant robot show to watch in the morning. After that all I saw of Anime was on TV commercials selling Akira for 19.95. But then I god into Pokemon and DBZ and yadda-yadda-yadda. I think the real turning point in anime for me was when I picked up a copy of Evangelion at a import store.
I thought it was just gonna be a cool robot anime with sexy ladies ;)
Needless to say, I was wrong, it was like going from cheap apple sparkler to a fine vintage champagne. I was hooked....otherwise why wouldnt I be here....
But my whole family thinks i'm a freak for: "Watching that crap".
But the sacrifice is worth it....okay, shutting up