[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'd love to open with a quote from some obscure philosopher or some Lou-Reed-esque figurehead of the indie culture. You know, something to get all the pseudo intellectuals in the room wet. But none of them could ever sum up my thoughts as succinctly as this:
"I think an orgasm is your thing, and you should **** whoever the **** you feel like ****ing. Whoever makes you come the hardest. Anybody who says you shouldn't, **** them."
-Eddie Murphy.
I'm sorry to jump in like this, but I feel this whole debate is [I]re-****ing-diculous[/I]. The whole thing is based on pre-concieved notions of normality, the sense of what is 'right' instilled in us by the culture that raises us. That means that it's all just silly human stupidity. Love is love. Gay or straight, bi, curious, whatever troubles your tribbles, it's all the same.
Sex? What is sex but the physical act of love? If you tell me I can't love someone because we've got matching parts, well, kindly jog the **** on. The mind reels at the kind of busy-bodied, self-righteous toff who acts like somebody elses love is their business.
Ugh. Like I said, sorry to kind of interrupt the flow of this thread, but it's easier than reading the whole thing before contributing anything. Jesus, come on, would [I]you[/I] want to sift through this thing at 4 in the morning? But I must say, this whole debate is rediculous. The only way to win this arguement is to prove your own moral superiority, but in order to do that, you have to invalidate people's right to privacy and personal happiness, something which would automatically defeat any sense of moral high-horseitry you could muster.[/COLOR]