Um maybe they arent micros but you get the point. Whatever. Cooking is great, especially if your hungry, are doing it for friends, and dont get arrested for it....that is a joke,kinda, but definetely not funny. Moving on...being a person who has made a living (somewhat) off of making food for people for more years than I care to count, I can say that i dont get to many complaints when I serve my friends or family. But to be truly good takes much practice, a love for the media (yes it is an art), and patience. After all its only food. I have a LARGE hunk of fresh caught King salmon sitting in my freezer waiting for my attention. Fish is very easy, sushi anyone?, and goes well with rice, sauted veggies in butter and lime, and a good wine. I will take the salmon, let it defrost on its own, drench it in lime, pat it with some fresh sage, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme, then throw it under the broiler for 5 minutes on each side (its about 3.5-4 in. thick in the middle) then the bed of rice, veggies and fish on top.
The rice for me is actually the hardest (mushy), but have found exact measurements and times + no stirring usually ends up alright.
Of course cooking for a living has made me lazy in my own kitchen so I have been known to subsist off of cereal and pb&j until its time to go into work.
Currently I'm learning lebanese(mediteranean) food, and am enjoying the change to my palatte. Hummuus, grape leaves. fatouch, fatayer, all are good.One more quick recipe. Grilled cheese using hummus,tomatoes,american cheese, Boursin cheese, and pickles(optional). Use good bread, such as rye or fresh baked french(you have to trim it down for flatness) and easy on the hummus it makes a mess. ENJOY!