[quote name='Gavin' date='10 August 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1281444134' post='699188']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Remember you signed a non-disclosure form my dear assistant. I'd hate to have to reduce to you a pile of ashes for indiscretion on your part. [/size][/font]
[/quote]
I did?
[quote name='NeedMoarRope' date='11 August 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1281579196' post='699271']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]This is a disturbingly accurate description.
As for actual critique, I don't really have much to say. Maybe cut back on the heavy descriptions a little, though. Never use ten words when three will do.
And as usual, keep it up. The best way to improve is to practice.[/font]
[/quote]
I was just guessing, but I'm glad.
I was very concerned about that while I was writing, so thank you very much for confirming! I'll try to work on that, but it will take some practice for me.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
I put a hand to my injured cheekbone and gently rubbed it as I looked for the Wal*Mart. I scurried around the street, bumping into a trashcan, an old man, and a robot on the way to the big blue building. As I walked up to the automatic sliding doors, I wondered about the interview. Who would be asking me the questions? Would I have to wear that awful blue vest? Would I even get the job? I was torn away from my thoughts by the sight of a door greeter. The greeter was a strange looking man with green-ish skin that seemed to be peeling off. He looked skeletal, like he hadnâ??t eaten in decades. I was confused because the poor soul wasnâ??t even smiling. â??Hiâ?¦ Uhm, how are you today?â? I asked, wanting to get the creeper to talk. He didnâ??t speak to me, though. All he did was open his mouth and groan. I ran into the store and didnâ??t look back. Soon, I located a bright white door with a piece of lined paper taped to it. The paper had, â??Interview Roomâ?, written on it. I knocked on the door and an eerily cheery voice replied.
â??Come in, please!â? My eyebrows lowered at the sound, reminiscent of the beeping alarm clock. I grasped the doorknob and turned it. I tried to pull the door open at first, and then felt like an idiot when it didnâ??t budge. I pushed on the door lightly and it barely creaked. Frustrated now, I put my entire weight on the door as I pushed. The door opened quickly and I tripped forward, landing on the cold floor. This was not my ideal start for an interview.
Readjusting my glasses, I pulled myself up from the ground and into a chair. My face was red from embarrassment, but I was not going to let that embarrassment show otherwise. â??Good morning, maâ??am,â? I said calmly to the woman at the small desk in front of me. She had a big grin with abnormally bright white teeth, and her lipstick was a squint-worthy bright pink. Hair so blonde it was almost white was tied back in a curly ponytail, and she was in desperate need of bangs. I could barely see her dark brown eyes because they were so small. Well, they werenâ??t naturally small; they were just very squinty, the bottom eyelids pushed up by the huge smile. On her earlobes were large, round pink baubles that look like bubblegum balls. As my study of her continued, I noticed that she wore a lot of pink: Pink blouse, pink pants, pink ankle socks and pink heels. I had no idea someone could be this pink!
â??Ahem, Ms. Aster?â? the pink woman asked, breaking the hold her outfit had on my eyes. â??Your application has been reviewed, and the conclusion has been drawn that you are very qualified to work here. I am required to ask, thoughâ?¦ Your name is an alias, correct?â?
â??Uhm, yes. Youâ??re correct. Chibi M. Aster is indeed an alias. Is that a problem?â?
â??Oh, no, no, no, no, no~! We just need you to write your legal name down on this dotted line here, in case we need toâ?¦find you under stressed circumstances.â?
â??What does that even mean?â? I demanded. The pink womanâ??s smile fell slightly. â??You know what? It doesnâ??t matter. Iâ??ll sign, I guess.â? What could I say? I needed the money. â??Uhm, missâ?¦â?
â??Sharona. Sharona Pink,â? the woman corrected. I had to hold back laughter.
â??Yes, Ms. Pinkâ?¦ It sounds a whole lot like youâ??re giving me the job. However, I was under the impression that this was an interview. Was I mistaken?â? I wondered as politely as I could.
â??Oh, donâ??t worry. This is an interview, but the hands-on part will continue this way. If youâ??ll just follow meâ?¦â?
â??Wait. Hands-on? What do you mean?â?
â??Ms. Aster, if you want this job, I think youâ??d do well to learn not to question everything youâ??re told to do.â?
â??Errrâ?¦ Okay, then. Letâ??s go, uh, do this hands-on thing.â?
Ms. Pink guided me through the Wal*Mart at a breakneck pace. While the small woman seemed to be walking, I had to jog to keep up. â??Right this way, Ms. Aster!â?
â??Call me Chibi, if you donâ??t mind,â? I managed to cough as I struggled to meet Ms. Pinkâ??s speed.
â??Here we are, Chibi! Now then, please sign these forms,â? Ms. Pink piped up, holding out some papers. I looked at what was behind her. It was a windowless steel door with a padlock. The door had a plaque on it that read, â??Back Room: Employees Only!â? I looked at the papers and saw that they were release forms. I was about to question the papers, but decided not to. Shrugging, I put my signature and initials on the lines. How bad could it get? â??Very good! Now, please go into the back room. Itâ??s already unlocked.â?
â??Arenâ??t you coming in, too?â?
â??Oh, heavens, no! Iâ??ll keep in contact with you via this walkie-talkie!â? Ms. Pink shoved the walkie-talkie into my hands and sent me into the back room.