Corey Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I have scoured the internet for hours on end. I have talked to every person and teacher in my school. I have attempted everything, but still cannot find anything/one that can do English to Latin tanslations. Can anyone help me?
Kinetic Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [color=darkblue] If I was still taking Latin, I would give you all I knew, but now they are making me take Spanish because Latin doesn't count towards college credits anymore. Other than that, sorry, I can never find Enlish-anything dictionaries. [/color]
Semjaza Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I took Latin for a few years, and I do have a Latin to English dictionary somewhere.... No idea if I'd be of any help (been a while), but might as well try :).
Lady Asphyxia Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [color=darkred] [url=http://catholic.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookdown.pl?life]Translations[/url] That gives you words only, but I tend to use it on a regular basis. *grins* I helped someone![/color]
Corey Posted November 10, 2002 Author Posted November 10, 2002 thankyou Much Lady Asphyxia. It has helped me much!
Semjaza Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 It won't help with any sentence construction, as words in Latin all have different endings depending on the use and tense they have lol. But good luck with whatever it is you are doing :).
Lady Asphyxia Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [color=darkred]Yeah, thats what I was trying to say ^.^" I only really use it if I'm looking up the meaning of words or something. However, it is helpful to me quite often...[/color]
Sara Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [size=1]Whee, fun! ::hugs Lady A:: ....the etymology nut is happy.....[/size]
MathGuy2 Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 AltaVista's [url=babelfish.altavista.com]BabelFish[/url] translator doesn't do Latin translations. Their technology comes from a company called SYSTRAN that has a slightly more advanced translator called [url=www.systranbox.com]SYSTRANBox[/url], but still does not have Latin.
Lady Asphyxia Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 [color=darkred]No problem, guys. I think I looked up ancient Latin in altavista or something. It was a few years ago, though, and I've kept it on favorites since, so I really can't be sure. I went crazy when i found that site, really hyperactive. I love Latin. *sighs happily* I wish they taught it at school, but I only get German... >.< [/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now