Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
We all wish we could duel on those virtual simulators like on the TV show right?

Check out this link aboutthe new holographic technology.
[url]http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/focuson1102.asp[/url]

The one that caught my attention was the first and seconf.
It mentions that it could be good for battlefield visualazation. A good battlefield to duel? Or two LCD screens (No idea what it is) from the dueling stations?

A virtual simulator likes from the show!

The clear sphere would be bewteen the stations where the duelist would stand, and you'd fight as your monsters are projected as 3-D images inside a clear sphere. Or the screens would create that multi-dimentional effect.

How would it work?
Would you swipe the cards through an E-reader of some sort, or would it just scan the cards' pictures to bring up the data and hologram?

Now it may not be possible now, but think ahead, as technology advances we could use Virtual Dueling Systems for tournaments instead of sitting at tables!
Posted
That would be truely cool! You know, they [i]could[/i] have picture scanners: there are very advanced cryptographic retrieving program existing already, which could easily pick up data "hidden" in the card's picture.

The idea's fascinating. All we are missing are millenium items XD
Posted
It [i]would[/i] be expensive.
But If thy had some (20-30) of these at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Finals (A tournament with six competing countries Japan, USA, Taiwon. Canada, UK, and I forget the other one that have a competition to find out the best player) it would be so cool. And if only they'd brodcast it on TV, it would be so productive.
Posted
*Drools at the thought of actually seeing a holographic projection of Blue Eyes* Ahem...Uhhhhh excuse me i have to go wipe the drool of my clothes, this does sound awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Posted
dungeon dice monsters field would be even more complex
so that would cost probably 100-700 dollars more
it would be really cool if they made one for the card game
Posted
The card game simulator seems possible.
But they'll have to advance the technology so maybe they could make one in around 50-100 years. lol
Its definatly possible though. Just maybe not now.
Posted
Yeah it is possbile but right now the technology world is in bad shape
Maybe in like 5-20 years well have 3d yugioh dueling simulators but I doubt yugioh will be pouplar in 20 years
Posted
[color=darkblue]
But in 5-20 years, we will have other card games.

This is really captivating and I love the idea. I never really thought of something like this, but with the way technology has been progressing over the past few years, I would be surprised to see it some time in the near yet not-so-near future.
[/color]
Posted
Just to let you know, the technology does exist to create these. The problem is that they would need to be constantly reprogrammed for new cards, and holographic projectors are annoyingly hard to keep running correctly for that amount of use. And I mean they have the technology to set them up exactly as they are in the show. Now the portable ones like what Kaiba uses....I don't think so. We're not quite that advanced just yet.
Posted
Heh, my best friend and I would pay to go into a booth and play the game, but we'd never attack; we'd just keep summoning monsters and seeing how cool they look.
One duel would last for hours....
Posted
This would be awesome. I was thinking though, would he have to buy new cards to replace the current ones? Ones that could be read by some sort of chip?

I thought they could make it so that maybe it would see the picture, and send out a sort of holograpic image that is programed to be sent out on viewing of that one picture.

Or, they better let us trade in our current cards for the new ones so we can keep our decks the same.

Also, one other problem. What about card protectors? Our cards would get messed up, I was thinking plastic cards. :)
Posted
They do have them!!!! One of my freinds went to Japan and got one, it's a bit wierd though, the monsters are really small, the blue eyes ultimate doesn't roar, it squeaks. they're cool though, bigger and better ones are gonna come out soon.
Posted
Instead of holographical picture scanners,you could type in the card code.The one without codes you could look in the card list in the menu of the side of your field and search for it :D.But pictures are more better.
Posted
Iggy, you finally changed the "coming soon" thingie in your siggie... now it just has... ELLIPSES! Sorry... I just lost my voice yesterday and I'm hyper now that I've gotten it back.
Posted
An actual simulator would be so COOL! It would change dueling for the better...if they could make them cheap and small like as small as a board game...for home use it would be so kewl...have you ever noticed the eight digit number on the bottom left hand corner of the cards...if they could find a way to scan that, then they'd be in buisness...exept for a small prob, lol it isn't on ritual cards and maybe some others...
Posted
That could easily be changed. They'd just have to make new cards.

This could stop card theft, too, if you think about it- if your cards were electronically registered onto a mainframe or whatever, then, if they got stolen, it could automatically lose anyone who uses them the fight, so they'll know not to trade cards with thieves. That would be interesting. Or there could be another type of security feature that could help try and prevent card theft. It could make trading difficult, though, having to re-register cards and stuff. Maybe it woulnd't work so well, actually, because all they'd need to do would be to change the registration. Unless, of course, you had to authorise the trade first. Then it'd be okay. But I have a wild, far-fetched imagination.
Posted
Well the thing about that is that you would have to buy all new cards...and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT...I have almost $300-$400 dollars invested in my cards...I'm not throwing them away and spending another $300-$400 dollars on my cards...they would have to give the cards away for that to work right...could work if Upper-Deck gave you the same amount and same cards as you did before...then the old cards would just collect dust...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Barrel_Dragon19 [/i]
[B]Well the thing about that is that you would have to buy all new cards...and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT...I have almost $300-$400 dollars invested in my cards...I'm not throwing them away and spending another $300-$400 dollars on my cards...they would have to give the cards away for that to work right...could work if Upper-Deck gave you the same amount and same cards as you did before...then the old cards would just collect dust... [/B][/QUOTE]


We would have to switch cards for the SImulator to work.BUt either switch your cards or duel the old fashion way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...