Ben Holiday Posted November 24, 2002 Posted November 24, 2002 Was this from an earlier show or manga? The way they talk about it on DB is like most people will know it. Was it an early creation of Toriyama? Or just a joke for a couple of episodes.
Guest Imsirion Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 I think its from Toriyama's earlier manga, Dr. Slump. I've never read it but I belive I've heard Penguin Village and those characters are from Dr. Slump.
Jinzouningen17 Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imsirion [/i] [B]I think its from Toriyama's earlier manga, Dr. Slump. I've never read it but I belive I've heard Penguin Village and those characters are from Dr. Slump. [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah. Actually Dr. Slump didnt officially come out until after DBGT(on TV anyway. Dont know about the manga). But thats where the Penguin Village thing originally came from. During Dr. Slump, you'll see another DB crossover where Goku is there, atleast so I heard. I dont know if he's grown or he's a kid since he was wished back to a kid during DBGT. I'll probably have to find the episode and download it so I can tell ya(because I seriously doubt that I can find it on tape now. Its VERY rare to find Fansubbers on the net anymore. :( )
Transtic Nerve Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 Manga for Dr. Slump was out before DB was even made into Manga. It was Toriyama's first popular manga published in Jump Weekly.
Ben Holiday Posted November 25, 2002 Author Posted November 25, 2002 Thanks for the info guys, I found a site that has the first 8 chapters so I'll check it out.
Arkadyz Posted January 7, 2003 Posted January 7, 2003 yeah Dr. Slump is a pretty hilarious manga and i wish someone would do an official translation and release already...The sad thing about it is though if Slump exists on DBs Earth that means Buu killed em all :bawl: But ofcourse they all got brought back to life in the end so i guess its not that bad :D Sour Man...hahah....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now