Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What do you think? My first attempt at a poem, inspired by William Blake.

Sliver Dragon

-Silver Dragon, burning bright
In the darkest of the nights.
Which great mind's hand or knife
Carved thy noble symmetry?

-Which one's strength or which one's art
Could brave the powers of thy heart?
What level of study or of skill could
Rival thy art of quest and kill?

-Whose fearsome power birthed thy kind?
What great sovereign shaped thy mind?
What man dares, unflinching, note
The fangs that tear through every throat?

-Wings and talons blaze in pride,
Shames the moon, thy silver hide.
In thy eyes, we see thy world,
Each fearsome secret stands unfurled.

-When thou brings forth thy scorching blaze
Searing through each mist and haze,
Wind or water, none can tame
To bank thy fury or quench thy flame.

-Thou feared no kinght, thou feared no knave
Proved to all thou art no slave.
Then in Heaven, each hand did lift
And bestowed upon thee their choicest gifts.

When the sun's first rays
Fell on the world so new,
The land lush green and
Skies deep blue,
Who did smile their work to see?
Did god or mortal give life to thee?

Silver Dragon, burning bright
In the darkest of the nights.
Which great mind's hand or knife
Carved thy noble way of life?
*******
So, what do ya think?

:toothy:
Posted
That is wonderful... *sniff* Why can't I write a poem like that? Oh, well... Could you check out a thread entitled "A Banquet of Marionettes" when you get the time? It's a poem by me.
Posted
Wow... I love it :D. And since I'm a great dragon fan I love it even more... :p And Silver has alway's been my color beleive it or not... Ask anybody that's chatted to me online before and you'll soon find that I'm telling the truth.

I like it. Do you mind if I maybe save it for myself (dun worry, I won't steal it) on my comp?
Posted
[color=skyblue] :: Stares, jaw dropped as she reads it for the 5th time ::

Wow. Like Kaiba's Angel said: Why can't I write like that?

Its amazing! :D Is it okay if I save it? [/color]
Posted
[color=009966]AWESOME!! ^^ *applauds loudly* That's an excellent poem! I love the way all the words fit together and all. As Britty said, can I save it? ^^[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...