OtakuBoards

Money

PiroMunkie

Uh, I think this is pretty simple.

Most people suck, to be blunt. They would not work for free, and so they'd just steal what they wanted. Theft would go [i]up[/i]. Besides that, the amount of workers would plummet because no one wants to work for free. It'd almost be like anarchy, since there probably wouldn't be many cops to enforce the law either.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]That's what your mind has trained you to think, I've been thinking about this for about a week or so and it makes sense to me. But a lot of people out there probably couldn't handle it because they are... um.. what's the word.... I dunno I can't think of it.. but yeah[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Without money, you essentially have a situation like Communist Russia.

Money is important, because it is an incentive to work harder...and to be involved in different kinds of jobs. I mean, who would want to take rubbish away or something like that? Nobody would do it just for the "good of society". People work to earn money, which in turn, allows them to purchase goods and services.

The desire for better goods and services means that people work harder and have more ambition. By removing money, to an extent, you remove a lot of ambition.

However, the reason a lot of people fall by the wayside is lack of education and lack of good welfare. I know that America's welfare system is terrible, compared with Australia's, which is the best in the world.

So I guess I'm saying that on the one hand, you can have money and wealth, as long as that money and wealth supports those who are less fortunate and allows everyone to live with a good quality of life.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Honestly, I think money is pointless. All it is is a piece of paper or metal given some value. I think the world would be a better place if there wasn't money. I mean, it would get rid of social classes and give everybody a place to live. Everybody could be supplied with what they want/need when they need it. Everybody would just do there jobs to help everyone else. Crime rate would plummet since there would be no need to steal or anything. I dunno, heres a bunch more stuff I havn't thought of yet.. What's your thoughts?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
No man without money the wolrd we would have chaos. With money we still have chaos (killers,robbers,warz etc) but in a more controlled way. Without money we will still have crime. Maniacs and rapers don't need money(as an object) to do what they do. I think that crime is goverments fault.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]can we say perfect communisim (an impossible government), that and chinesse had money wayyyyyyyyyy before the europeans... so it wasnt ceasar... and i didnt read the whole post... this may have been said... i read up till rico's commi post and agreed taht is what it is... thou i knew it on the first post[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Ok, just FYI, the reason I made this topic was for a school assignment. I was given this topic whether or not money is or isnt important. The teacher put me on the side of not important, and I'm supposed to defend the opinion no matter what other people say. So this was just to help me with the assignment, I didn't say that in the beginning cause I thought it might affect the quality of your people's answers. Thank you for your help :)[/SIZE]