OtakuBoards

Money

PiroMunkie

[SIZE=1]Honestly, I think money is pointless. All it is is a piece of paper or metal given some value. I think the world would be a better place if there wasn't money. I mean, it would get rid of social classes and give everybody a place to live. Everybody could be supplied with what they want/need when they need it. Everybody would just do there jobs to help everyone else. Crime rate would plummet since there would be no need to steal or anything. I dunno, heres a bunch more stuff I havn't thought of yet.. What's your thoughts?[/SIZE]

Yeah its just a paper with much value to it and it'll be easier without money.Hmmm but what if it everything was free then alot of people will getting things as they get everything free everything might as well be gone takes time to make the stuff people buy these days I really dont know some things we should use money for and some things money shouldn't be used for.I dont know but thats my thought.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2:
i wonder who is the ingenius bastard that made money???[/QUOTE]

I know who its was! It was Ceaser! Kill Ceaser!

Anyways i think with out money than there wouldnt be able to be enough for everyone and the people who make the stuff will ask what is in it for them, and then thered be a big circle.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]yet caesar is still dead [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, he is, and he also made the Roman Empire a magnificent and extremely powerful place.

Money is something that we can't go without. Just think long and hard about it...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Money is something that we can't go without. Just think long and hard about it...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That's what your mind has trained you to think, I've been thinking about this for about a week or so and it makes sense to me. But a lot of people out there probably couldn't handle it because they are... um.. what's the word.... I dunno I can't think of it.. but yeah[/SIZE]

Ceaser wasn't just one man you know there were many Ceasers. But society cannot exists without a currency. It would be nice if there was some way around it but its just that...the human condition is such that we cannot exist that way...in fact, we cannot exist without social class either. Its simple..in a complex kind of way... we are like one bif wolf pack. We have our leader, who is represented by the Alpha male of a wolf pack. We have all those who are well off but not as well off or powerful as the leader,they would be everything between Alpha and Omega in a wolf pack. Then you have those at the bottom. represented by the Omega member of the pack. But all the pack members no matter what their class have a place. Even the Onmega who is the one who eats last, gets picked on, gets ran over, and gets all the anger of the pack taken out on him, has a place and is loved. Once, while a man was filming a wolf pack the Omega was killed by a puma...the entire pack morned the death of him for nearly 6 weeks. Such is the same with humanity...everyone has their place...

-Justin

I doubt the world would be a better place without money. We'd still need to use some kind of bartering system. How would you get something you wanted? Trading people favors?

I don't think money is pointless, I think the way people value it is. Profit before lives. Bullshit shows like Fear Factor, Survior, Big Brother, etc. They show people who want money...and how do they get it? By making themselves look like asses trying to. Degrade yourself by forcing yourself to eat buffalo testicles, sheep's eyes, laying in a pit of worms or rats so you can beat the next guy and get closer to the money. Surely they are not insulting our intelligence. Why the **** do we waste millions of dollars on the lottery? They give out that money to 'give back' to the people who enter the lottery. Why don't they do something useful with that money, like helping people? [i]Whoa, what a revelation![/i]

****, one of the biggest industries in the world is advertising. In school we have these binder reminders and they're full of em! Want to buy a soda?....No, you don't want to buy a [i]soda[/i], you want to buy a [i]Pepsi[/i]. Join the military so you can die for your country, a country that was built on the back of slaves, a country that didn't want anything to do to prevent genocide and the list goes on and on.

I fail to see how everybody would how the abolishment of money would lead to 'better' living. How could everyone be supplied with everything they needed? I wish that was possible, but everyone is not altruistic or kind. How would it get rid of social classes?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]We'd still need to use some kind of bartering system. How would you get something you wanted? Trading people favors?

I fail to see how everybody would how the abolishment of money would lead to 'better' living. How could everyone be supplied with everything they needed? I wish that was possible, but everyone is not altruistic or kind. How would it get rid of social classes? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]People would still have to work, but not for the money (since there wouldn't be any). Everone would work for the good of their fellow man/woman (so as not to be "sexist"). So there would still be K-Mart, or Shopko, or wherever you get stuff. You just go get at the time you need/want it.Social classes would disappear because there would no longer be the poor or the "rich". Everybody would have what they wante. Of course thered be some restrictions with it. For example, only so much of one item unless definite proof that they need more than the limited amount.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]That's what your mind has trained you to think, I've been thinking about this for about a week or so and it makes sense to me. But a lot of people out there probably couldn't handle it because they are... um.. what's the word.... I dunno I can't think of it.. but yeah[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Do you prefer that we use our [i]teeth[/i] as currency in exchange to get things we want? :smirk:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]People would still have to work, but not for the money (since there wouldn't be any). Everone would work for the good of their fellow man/woman (so as not to be "sexist"). So there would still be K-Mart, or Shopko, or wherever you get stuff. You just go get at the time you need/want it.Social classes would disappear because there would no longer be the poor or the "rich". Everybody would have what they wante. Of course thered be some restrictions with it. For example, only so much of one item unless definite proof that they need more than the limited amount.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

At the stores you'd need people to work there right? So people wouldn't steal and stuff, so what would you give them for working? Or would they just be satisfied with helping others as their payment? How would these items be made, shipped, etc without the use of money? What if people did not want to work for the good of their fellow man? Does someone that works harder than the person next to him deserve more?

I applaud your maturity when discussing these things with me. :)

Once again I protest that society cannot exist without social class. It may not always be fair but we human are social creatures, therefore we must be together with other humans. And there will, undoubtedly, be confrontation, which of course leads to fighting in one form or another, and whoever comes out on top has claimed a sort of " betterness" over his oppenent. And when one finally has defeated all challengers he has become the leader. Thus, social class is inevitable...

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]At the stores you'd need people to work there right? So people wouldn't steal and stuff, so what would you give them for working? Or would they just be satisfied with helping others as their payment? How would these items be made, shipped, etc without the use of money? What if people did not want to work for the good of their fellow man? Does someone that works harder than the person next to him deserve more?

I applaud your maturity when discussing these things with me. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]M'kay if you think about this on a global scale, items can easily be made, shipped, etc without use of money. The supplyer people supply the factory that makes the item, the factory puts it together, and the shipping people ship it to the destination. Since a currency would be unavailable for pay, possibly, the people who helped create the item (supply, factory, and shipping) would get first dibs on the item if they felt they wanted it or needed it. If they didn't, than they could work out some sort of other item that they need/want. And I've said many times before, people would still work at their jobs, that's where the government would come in. It would have to enforce a law that says that everyone must stay at the job they are working at, unless of course they feel the need to switch jobs. And people that work at the stores, instead of being payed in a type of currency, could maybe be allowed further privledges at the store or whatnot. And the person that works harder could have more privledges. But that person would have to show good responsibility, since more privledges means more responsibility.

Again on the social class thing, just cause social classes would quite be there does not mean that government and wouldn't be there. That's what people call anarchy (as most of you probably know). Government isn't a class, it's a form of authority. So it would still exist and be able to enforce and pass laws. And yes, I'll still have to defend that social classes would be taken down. Notice that social classes is plural, meaning more than one. The riddance of currency, would create one large social class. And in one social class everyone can talk to everyone as an equal. Unless of course someone has a problem with the race or beliefs of another person, then they'll degrade htem and make them feel less than they are which they are technically not.

I think that's all I have to say in this post.. Oh and with the whole teeth for money thing, I never said anything about that so I dont know where that came from :confused:[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Ahh, I have no idea what you just said. But Navi, my parents are in Hawaii right now...for the Maui Writer's Conference :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Trogladytes are cave dwelling people. Heheh. What kind of Writer's Conference? Maui is actually pretty nice...compared to the other islands :)