Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Have any of you been able to beat a whole arcade game with just a quarter?


Recommended Posts

Posted
There were a few... mostly really offbeat arcade games I never saw anywhere else, like Rygar and Moon Patrol (I think that's the name, it was great! heh).

The main one that comes to mind is Outrun. It was one of the few arcade games this bar my dad went to had. Most of the time they had pinball machines, but about once every month there'd be something new. One time it was Outrun, something I didn't get to play very often. I got to one of the endings with one quarter, but just barely. That was a pretty long time ago... I had to be younger than 8 since my dad was still alive heh.


Second best is probably Double Dragon, which was also at the bar. It took me two quarters to finish that.
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I can only think of a few games:

Street Fighter (the VERY first one) -- Ryu is the man ^_^

umm. . .

Ok, I can't think of another one. . I have beaten many games with a few dollars, and a couple with even less. . but only Street Fighter comes to mind when I think of just using one quarter =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=red][b]I beat Crusin USA with 2 quarters(it required 2 to play it), with a standard shift. I love that game. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
No. I've never beat a game in the aracade with one quater. I managed to get amazingly far with one on the original virtual fighter. But otherwise, I havent done anything really nice.

Of course then again there is time crisis.

I can get all the way to the end on that, and Im sure I could beat with one quarter with a little practice.

But for real, I have never done that. Simply because I dont play games in the arcade that I have at home.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I beat one game with one quarter. That was something like Speed Racer. I got first every time I played. It was quite easy.[/color]
Posted
Fighting games are probably the easiest games to complete with just one quarter. Sould Calibur, for instance, doesn't require a lot of practice. At the arcade I beat it at, the difficulty must have been set to easy, because I could simply mash the buttons and win almost flawlessly.

The Simpsons arcade game was probably the first that I beat using only one quarter though. I was always good at the Streets of Rage/Final Fight beat 'em ups, so it was only a matter of time before I rescued Maggie from Mr. Burns....
Posted
[b]We have to pay a whole pound in the arcades over here :(

I beat Time Crisis 2 with a pound once, I also beat Crazy Taxi and Tekken Tag Tournament.

Time Crisis 2 is easy with two people though :D[/b]
Posted
There was one at the Indoor Sports Center here a few years ago called Apple Boy. It was pretty neat at the time.....I beat it with 80c.

.....not sure how much that is over there, but it's pretty cheap here.
Posted
I beat Soul Caliber with one quarter almost the first time I played teh game. I have also beaten Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on one quarter so many times its astonishing. Usually when I play games, I refuse to keep feeding quarters unless I'm really far and want to continue from that point (such as when I play Time Crisis, which I have yet to beat), yes I can be that anal about getting the high score.
Posted
[size=1][b]Well, I put 2 quaters in Tekken Tag Tournament, and kept playing untill I got tired. I belive I had 91 wins at the end of my run. That is the only arcade game I have only ever payed attention to....[/size][/b]
Posted
When I first read the question I thought "THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!"

Then I realized I beat Mortal Kombat II at the arcade with just one quarter. But my friend beat the game faster than me. grrr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...