OtakuBoards

closing and deleting

Kent

I was wondering if we could get some deleting options going for the closed threads.

Maybe an option before closing, maybe an option only for the original creator of the thread and a mod after the thread has been closed.

Either way, I hate seeing the boards getting cluttered with closed threads.

I always want to delete any thread of mine that is closed. (although that is about once a blue moon)

But what do you think. could we give an option of deleting before closing threads or maybe a deleting option for mods and the creator.

Do you think something like this is possible?

thanks.

[color=blue][b]Yeah, especially in the Recruitment forum. All these damned n00bs keep posting in Rpg Signups that were declaired "Closed" and then they go screw up the rpg with their posts. I'm in favor for the close option, at least for the Recruitment forum... Those bloody n00bs are getting annoying...

Same for the Battle Arena; Spars have ended, the n00bs post and spam in them to get their post count higher... Thus why we would need the Close option, or find some way to password protect a thread from people replying to it :cross:... Just a thought...

-Valen[/b][/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Well, the reason why the mods keep the closed topics open, is because it gives an example to the threads the other members should [i]not[/i] post. It also shows you what kinds of posts can get you in trouble as well. Soo.. it's actually pretty helpful to the newer members, so they have examples on what [i]not[/i] to do. ^_^

Since the newbie lounge is gone and all, I guess that's their only other first source when they join, except for the rules and all...[/color] [/size]

Well actually, mods have the option of closing, and we dont because it would be silly to give the average person the right to close. It would end up with lots of closing due to oppossing views.

Instead, I wanna have a delete after closing option, but on certain threads or only for the creator.

Specifially only for the creator and mods, that way there are no chances.

like in the dbz forum, we couldnt chance loosing the af topic that has been there forever and closed the whole time.

So I want to ask for a delete after closing thread option only for the creator and mods. that would lessen the amount of spam on the boards and help to clean them up some. (although they dont need cleaning, they are very well kept.)

[color=deeppink] [size=1]But of course, there might not be any more closed threads by the time each of them get closed. Alot of people would choose to delete their thread, since it got closed and all. But once each of them get deleted, we won't be able to see what kinds of threads are inapproprate, and we shouldn't post, no matter how obvious it is. >.>

Erm... *quiets*[/color] [/size]

Yes, that is true, but it would only be for certain forums... that way it won't get out of hand... but maybe that's just me...

Although, I don't think it's possible to allow members without the Mod/Admin status to actually do that... I've run a Vb before and I've never seen the option or any hacks that'll allow it...

[color=#507AAC]I'm not sure if what you're asking for is really possible.

The thing is, it's really important to leave closing/deletion in the hands of Moderators. Afterall, Moderators are here to [i]moderate[/i] discussions and activities on the boards.

As Juu said, we leave some closed topics there as examples of what not to post. If you see a topic that is closed, you'll often see a reason why. And even if you don't, at least it tells you clearly that creating a similar topic will get it closed.

I can understand that you'd want a thread of your own deleted after it is closed. But at the moment, we do not plan to change our policies on this issue.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shift [/i]
[B]Yes James, it is possible, and I have written a hack for it, but I wont share anylonger. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]That's fine. Considering that we still had a load of hacks to get done anyway, it doesn't make much difference. It would probably still have taken six months to arrive. [/color]

Could you put a sticky/announcement called "Threads/Posts that have been removed" and list a general description of closed threads/general offenses? It could automatically load in text form on the side of the new post/thread window. It would also appear during the registration process.
Or you could implement something to block out the name, avatar, and signature of the thread starter if it's potentially embarrassing.

How can people reply to "closed" threads in Recruitment?

Guest cloricus
It should be possible to do some of the things up the page.
I know in the past there have been things that I've wanted to delete but a mod have closed it first and then you don?t have access any more.

(James- Justin just gave some comment about re-opening that thread, I wasn't sure if I should take it as an insult or not. Anyway one else I can talk to about re-opening it?)