OtakuBoards

Console War!!!

BigCajones

[color=crimson]Okay thanks for the information I hope they decide to bring Animal Crossing over here! I wonder how the PS2 internet service will do then? Do you have to have broadband on that as well? I would really want to play FFXI on PS2's internet that would be amazing. Talking of Final Fantasy I will also be looking to get FF: Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube and maybe GBA. Gamecube have decided to follow the ideas of going online, but they have decided wait for a bit longer (not sure if it's a good idea by Ninty especially if they see how unsuccessful the other two online systems will do probably, but I suppose they have to show off their capabilities as well). Phantasy Star Online will be awesome online as well Ahhh too much technology for this day and age! The wiring in my room will be manic if I get all this stuff... *moves on swiftly*

Poor Microsoft lol not alot is going right for the chunky system so far, but I still think it's a brilliant console. Halo 2 should be head for release in December 2003 in England just for the Christmas sales (it better not get delayed or I'll be angry :mad: ). I doubt I will get Live it sounds a waste of money really ... it depends I'll see. :naughty:[/color]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamecube- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

PS2-dunno really...

PC- Doom III...looks really scary though

X-Box- Halo 2

Next-gen console- Metal gear Solid 3 (most likely on the PS3)

GBA- well...I dont know much about the GBA.....

Regards
Blade:naughty:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i]
[B]How could Doom III be the biggest game for the PS2 if it is only coming out for the PC? :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=chocolate]It can't be the biggest PS2 hit no, but actually it's coming out on the X-Box as well and looks pretty good. :p Doom 2 will be a pretty big hit for the GBA I reckon along with Advance Wars 2 when that gets released. Their are many big hits this year, with so many consoles I just don't know what to do? :help:

Blade I don't think MGS3 will be hitting any console this year![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B][color=chocolate]Blade I don't think MGS3 will be hitting any console this year![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, i didn't know you were only talking about games coming out this year!!! I will edit it out later.

Regards
Blade

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Actually I heard that Konami said they would release a MGS everyear after Sons of Liberty, but maybe they just mean that this yeat it will be substance for the PS2 or maybe there could be a new MGS. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are releasing Metal Gear Solid 2:substance this year. MGS 3 is out in 2005 i think, scheduled with the release of the PS3 though i doubt it will hit the stores until 2006

Regards
Blade:naughty:

[color=#808080]There is no point predicting when MGS 3 will be out; Konami haven't even confirmed that they're making the game yet. So any predictions on release date are moot at this point.

Interestingly, it seems that the original MGS is being remade by Konami (ala RE remake) and will be hitting all consoles (including GameCube).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]There is no point predicting when MGS 3 will be out; Konami haven't even confirmed that they're making the game yet. So any predictions on release date are moot at this point.

Interestingly, it seems that the original MGS is being remade by Konami (ala RE remake) and will be hitting all consoles (including GameCube).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I read about an interview with Konami, they hinted that they may start developing the MGS3...

I haven't heard of thid remake, Will it be the same storyline??

Regards
Blade :naughty:

[color=chocolate]That sounds really cool a remake of the original, because to be honest I prefered that one. A better storyline and a heck of a lot longer. They will be able to notch up the graphics and maybe add a few bits hopefully. I really like RE for the gamecube which was a remake as well as James mentioned. It will be very very good! :excited: I also have not heard anything on MGS3, at the moment I would say it's rumours, but no doubt Konami will release number three if they are wise. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Yay MGS, up there with the greats, maybe I will get that for my GC and my library will be a total of...*counts fingers* um one, two....three.. YAY three games for GC. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]It looks like you need some advice on games; if you only have three, you're missing out. ~_^[/color]

[color=#808080]Well, with regard to SMS...you should play for about an hour or so if you can. A quick period of play won't really get you involved in the game. It's a worthy title.

Eternal Darkness; a must own. Everyone should own this game. It's one of the most brilliant video games ever released.

Resident Evil -- this one's not as obvious as you might think. Even if you've played the original (like me), you'll REALLY love RE. It deliberately plays on the fact that you've seen the original...which makes for some pretty big surprises.

Those are two games that I'm playing now and then at the moment. I'd also recommend Skies of Arcadia if you haven't already bought it on Dreamcast.

I could sit here and write you out a list, but I want to [i]try[/i] and keep this thread going in a relevant direction.[/color]

Well you must be an all around gamer. I dunno in another topic I have already tried to ask people some good RPG's for me a beginner and I Think someone mentioned SoA, and alot of my friends here like the game a well, and concerning RE and ED, I have never been the one to play survival horror games, alot of people have talked bout RE and how great it is but it has never just came to me to actually want to play it.

[color=#808080]Well, I'd say that it's not worth giving up on RE until you play it. Don't ignore it just because it's survival horror; it's a brilliant game. It's very worthy of your attention, if you want a game with a good story and plenty of atmosphere.

As for ED...that's not really survival horror. There is really nothing like it. It's more of a "psychological thriller". I know that's a very grey area, but trust me...if you buy it, you'll be thankful that you did. I had no idea how wonderful it was until I'd played about an hour and a half of it...it's truly a masterpiece. It sucks that most people ignored it; they have no idea what they missed.[/color]

Well I hardly ever buy a game, unless I know I can play it for months and months. I usually find that I rent a game and beat it, the interest is gone from buying it. This is why I have alot of sport titles. But you seem to be a big fan of the GC, maybe more than the other consoles, just maybe.

[color=#808080]Me being a fan of the GCN doesn't mean that I'm more tolerant of horrible/sloppy games [i]just[/i] because they're on GameCube, if that's what you mean.

I'm the same as you; I want to buy games that will last me a long time. Both Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness pack some serious hours of play.

It might interest you to note that my game library for GameCube sits at about 14 right now. My game library for PS2, however, sits at about 26.

So in terms of numbers, I'm [i]technically[/i] a bigger PS2 fan. I do feel that GCN has less titles to choose from than PS2...but by the same token, games like ED and RE are really what I'd call "must own" games. No gamer with a GameCube should be without them.[/color]

[color=royalblue]I agree with James RE is a brilliant game! A 'must have', but I haven't played ED. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it though. On the other hand another survival horror being Silent Hill 2 was also such a good game, but only gave me a couple of hours of fun. The good thing is that on most survival horrors you get alternative endings therefore giving me the urge to play them over again. I'm going to get Silent Hill 3, RE0 and RE4 they are just my favourite types of games at the moment the only unfortunate thing about them is that they usually aren't two player games. :(

I know this is kind of wondering off subject, but I was wondering the best games for 2003 on each console and they are some big hits! I don't really know what your into, but SSB:M is always a big hit especially with lots of mates! :D What genre of games do you want for your library of games?

PS2- 17 XBox- 5 GC- 9 I'm hoping to get some new Xbox and GC games this month. RE0, Metroid Prime, MGS2: Substance and Panzer Dragoon Orta. :) Hmmm I don't know where to get all the money though.[/color]

There were alot of games for the GC that I had hyped about before its release, but when they came out I was either disappointed or either found out in, Perfect Dark's case, that they aren't even on the GC. I got SSB:M but after like a day and unlocking all the characters, it just got boring. Then there was the new THQ wrestling game, THQ has always had a good wrestling game on a Nintendo console, but frankly this one just sucked. Then it was SMS, which I thought I there is no way I could miss out on a Mario game, but after playing it at a friend's house, I wasn't feeling the need to buy it. Then Metroid Prime, the game that I thought would save my GC, well I beat that in buot 4 days w/100% completion, so I didn't have a need to play it again. Then there was PSO, I dusted off my ol' GC, ready to play the game my friends have been hyping about for a long time. I played for about 2 weeks got a high level character and awesome weapons, but my got FSOD'd and my character and everything was gone. So now I just don't even want to go through all that leveling again. So now I am stuck, maybe I get Wind Waker, just maybe. But then after that what is there, I played AC and I know there is an AC2, but I doubt I am gettin that, Mario Kart as well I doubt I will get because its a mainly a multiplayer game, and I know one of my friends will get it so he can bring it to play and I don't need to buy. Those Capcom games sound interesting but I am sure those won't be out for GC later this year, and if they come out to another console than I would rather get em for the PS2 mainly because I am not hyping bout them that much but I will look into them. There is also the new THQ wrestling game WMX9, which may just may be good, I will probably get it anyway just because its a WWE game, but then there is a chance it will be horrible like WMX8 and I will be taking it back. Well there is my history with my GC, don't know if it can be saved..

[color=purple]Well are there any games your satisfied with lol? I really just wanted to know what genre of game you were looking for. I also hate these short lived games, but I can't be bothered to sell them really. FPS/RPG/Platform/Action or what?

By the way I would also like Wrestlemania X9 to be a big improvement. I thought the gameplay was rather good actually just it needs alot more options, career paths, etc.

*goes more off topic* Oops![/color]

[color=blue]Well I have both MoH: Frontline and Timesplitters 2 for the GC which you may like, but I suppose that's not great as they are multi-format games, but if you want to fill up your game library they could be decent choices. :) Also I've got James Bond 007: Nightfire, but that is very easy and once you've done the missions there is nothing else to do really. All are big multiplayer hits as well. There is quite a few fighters like Capcom vs SNK 2: EO (sp?) and as for sport I'm not sure what your into, but try Legends of Wrestling 2 if Wrestlemania X8 isn't what your looking for. :D Also get some more Xbox games while your there. :smirk:[/color]

Xbox eh, I got the big 2 hits on Xbox, HAlo and Splinter Cell. Gonna rent Panzer and Shenmue whenever I can find em. If Halo had bots I would be playing the crazy out of that game. So right now I am looking for a new FPS out of these Timesplitters 2, Red Faction 2, or Unreal Tourney. All have bots so I am just tryin to rent those as well.