OtakuBoards

Chocobo Breeding = Pain in the.........

Dante

I have already played through FF7 once but I decided to do it again but this time get everything possible and see how quickly I can beat it. I was doing good but now I am stuck on Chocobo Breeding again. This has already taken up an hour and helf just to get a Green and Blue chocobo. Are there any specials things I am missing to make this quicker? You really need the materia acquired from the materia caves to fight Emerald and Ruby not to mention the final two Sephiroth's. The I ronic thing is, if you beat Ruby one of the prizes you get for the Desert Rose is a Gold Chocobo. If you can beat ruby then you realy dont need that extra materia.

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dante [/i]
[B]I have already played through FF7 once but I decided to do it again but this time get everything possible and see how quickly I can beat it. I was doing good but now I am stuck on Chocobo Breeding again. This has already taken up an hour and helf just to get a Green and Blue chocobo. Are there any specials things I am missing to make this quicker? You really need the materia acquired from the materia caves to fight Emerald and Ruby not to mention the final two Sephiroth's. The I ronic thing is, if you beat Ruby one of the prizes you get for the Desert Rose is a Gold Chocobo. If you can beat ruby then you realy dont need that extra materia. [/B][/QUOTE]
What exactly is the part that you are stuck on for chocobo breeding????????

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]the easiest way it to reset if you dont like the one you get... or you can do it the hard way... and level up like 40 levels doing this... it took me that long to get lucky... and boy do you have toooooooo much gold by then... after selling 10 mastered all matterias lol

[color=blue][size=2][font=arial]Yeah your right. It took me forever to get a female Green Chocobo. Its stats sucked and I was only able to get it to A Class. Now I am waiting for them to grow a little so I can mate them.[/color][/size][/font]

Guest firemac
heh, you guys had to do it the hard way, well, I was lucky and I got the Green and Blue chocobos already opposite sex, so it was easy for me to get the Black Chocobo.

works like this...
good A class +average A class mated with carob nut = blue
blue A class + blue A class mated with carob nut = green
blue A class +green A class mated with carob nut=black
black S class +wonderful A class mated with zeio nut = gold.

That's the easiest way to GUARANTEE you will get the chocobo you want. I haven't done this in a while though, so they're might be some errors, but all the components for the equasion are there. Here's some more info...

All chocobos are born with an automatic C-class rating. In order to raise them to A-Class, you must win 3 c-class races, then 3 b-class races. To get S-class, win 3 A-class races.

Also, go buy the REALLY expensive greens from the Chocbo Sage by the crater. It's a small house with a green patch next to it to land the highwind on. Talk to him and he'll...forget everything. You have to come back periodically and he'll explain everything to you. As for the greens, you can buy them from him and 100 of them will max out your chocobos stats, easy. Also, talk to his green chocobo to get another enemy skill materia.