Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=arial]can't remember the last time there was a MB thread (or if there ever was one at all). so who all's seen the anime, or read the manga? what do you think of it? I'm halfway through the manga series, 4 more to go ^_^. I don't think I'll try seeing the anime though. maybe the OVA/movie, if it comes to the U.S.

I beg, no spoilers please! [/FONT]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Pernsonally I think the anime series to Marmalade Boy is a bit dryer then the manga series which I personally perfer more. Overall it's a decent anime show that will appeal to fans of it's genre.
Posted
[FONT=arial]yeah, supposedly the anime's not anywhere [i]near[/i] as good as the manga is. plus with them dragging it out (the anime's 70-90 episodes long, or somewhere around there), it got really repetitive and boring and blah-blah-blah. the manga's only 8 volumes long though, so I don't think that's gonna be a problem. my favorite volume so far is either 1 or 4. I can't wait for 5! those mean ppl at TokyoPop put a preview synopsis of it in the last volume, and I'm climbing up the walls trying to wait for it. [/FONT]
Posted
I havent seen it, but I remember coming across some pics a while ago, and it looks pretty poo, mind you with me if it doesnt have mechs, guns or swords in it im not interested. :rolleyes:
Posted
I love Marmalade Boy. I read all 8 volume scanlated (forgive me for stealing, but I was too curious) and I really love the whole manga series. The anime looks so long, I'm not really interested in it right now, but I loved the manga. ^-^
Posted
[FONT=arial]meh, I could do without the anime. but the movie's supposed to be good, if you're a MB fan. I think it goes into some detail about the [i]real[/i] first time that Yuu ran into Miki, since he apparently knew her [i]before[/i] they met with each other's families. it's only about a half-hour long though, and I don't think it's licensed in the U.S. >.>'. I don't know if you already know all that or not though, so I'll just stop there, in case you've already heard it ^_^'.

I like pretty much everybody in the series so far, except for Arimi. MAN she gets on my nerves. for a while, Ginta was makin' his way around that area, too. but then he finally backed off of Miki (for the time being anyway), so it's all good now ^_^. Ginta does trip me out sometimes though, especially when Yuu teases him about Miki.
[/FONT]
Posted
::cracks knuckles::

Marmalade Boy is like......... sugar--it's sweet and makes me hyper. No I'm just joking about the last part. But it's very addicting, perhaps because me and amibasuki have to wait about two months in between each volume of manga before we can read the next one. It's like waiting for a Harry Potter book. >.< But anyway, I like it a lot......... it's not my typical type of read, with the whole romantic comedy thing going on. I hate that crap. But this has so many twists and turns than others I have read before, it keeps me interested. I can't predict the outcome of the series, because I honestly think that it could go a number of ways instead of the usual everything-is-wonderful type of ending. So anyway, ..... go Marmalade Boy! ...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]::cracks knuckles::

Marmalade Boy is like......... sugar--it's sweet and makes me hyper. No I'm just joking about the last part. But it's very addicting, perhaps because me and amibasuki have to wait about two months in between each volume of manga before we can read the next one. It's like waiting for a Harry Potter book. >.< But anyway, I like it a lot......... it's not my typical type of read, with the whole romantic comedy thing going on. I hate that crap. But this has so many twists and turns than others I have read before, it keeps me interested. I can't predict the outcome of the series, because I honestly think that it could go a number of ways instead of the usual everything-is-wonderful type of ending. So anyway, ..... go Marmalade Boy! ... [/B][/QUOTE]
The ending deffinitely took me by surprise. I loved it. Very, very good ending.... I won't say anything else about that now. :x
Posted
[color=orangered][size=1]I LIKE this series! I haven't got to read the fourth volume because I borrow them and such from Anna and Ste, but I think it's so cute. I'm always a sucker for romance and things like that and this one is definately tangled. VERY tangled.

The more tangled the better though, right? ;)[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=royalblue]I've only read the first volume of MB, because that's the only one my library has at the moment, but what I've read, I like. It's pretty funny, but it has it's serious parts too. I'll probably end up ordering the rest from TokyoPop here soon.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...