Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I purchased their latest album the other day :Song's for the Deaf:wigout: And it's so damn good. Yesterday, I bought their first album. It's really wierd, but it's growing on me already.

I am going to see them at the Big Day Out (OZ's biggest festival?) And QOTSA, are going.

I was just wondering if anyone here really likes them or has seen them live?
Posted
Yeah, from what I've heard, I like them. They're coming to the Big Day Out in NZ as well.. Pity it's in Auckland, not to mention the tickets are like $90 a piece...

What's that latest single of theirs called? I liked that.
Posted
the track i heard ("no one knows") was awesome and insanely catchy in a twisted poppy sort of way. i like it a lot.

is dave grohl really in the band, or is he just drumming on "no one knows"?
Posted
Dave Grohl is the drummer for all the tracks last I checked. I'm glad someone finally started a thread on them... I thought about it last night, and here we are heh.

No One Knows is an excellent song, and I think it's topped by quite a few others on the CD. I had skipped over the other QotSA releases in the past (Rated R), but for some reason I felt compelled to buy this anyway. I definately don't regret it at all, and am now a very big fan. I even changed my avatar for them heh (I couldn't ditch my other symbol, it makes me feel like Prince).

I've not gotten to see them live. I honestly haven't been to a concert in a while. I'm still upset that I missed Bowie when he came here, although I think he toured with about 10 groups I cannot stand... so maybe I didn't miss much.
Posted
Yeah, I bought their first, self-titled album. It's not as good as Songs for the Deaf, in my opinion, but that is something very hard to top. 10 Days!!! Can't Wait. I get to see the Vines, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Jane's Addiction, you am I, Pacifier, MGF, 28 days and the Living end. damn it's gonna be good.

By the way, Semjaza Azazel, very cool dancing thing.
Posted
'No one knows' equals a very addictive song! I've heard some of their old tracks which I thought were well good as well. I may get their album now people are saying it's great. I need to go to a concert and I would definetely want to see QotSA, but they absolutely dislike touring England for some reason ... well I can't blame them really.

How many bands does Dave Grohl want to be apart of ? :therock:
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Well, to clear this up, Dave Grohl is the guest drummer on 'Songs for the Deaf'. He is only in ONE band (Foo Fighters), but back in the day, he made up a third of Nirvana. He has also done somework with Tenacious D, he is the devil in the 'Tribute' video!
There songs are really great, and although they aren't my favourite band, I still like them loads. Download 'Feel Good Hit Of The Summer' that's good.
BigCajones, QOTSA have only just finished a tour of England, and coming across the 'pond' is hardly a regular thing for any U.S band. The tour was promoting their new album, and here is a funny fact for you...because it was called 'songs for the deaf' tour, 27 deaf people showed up for their concert, and that is the truth.[/color][/size]
Posted
heres a site to check out:

[url]http://www.qotsa.net[/url]

I'm a huge fan of the group, and this has a bunch of live perfomances on it. Dont be thrown off by the 'Bootlegs' title though, they're all legal. I know we had a bunch of copyright issues on another thread, just so I can clear that up.

LP
Posted
yeah, that's just their home page. Dave Grohll did the drumming for the Tenacious D Album aswell. HE does heaps of things. But it's good to see a person getting involved in so many bands. My freind was making a joke that he would rock up at my house the other day, asking if he could join my band... I wish!
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]A few clicks later. I found some Q.O.T.S.A tour dates for American members.

[B]Sat, 02/22/03[/b]= 7:30 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Hard Rock Hotel,
Las Vegas.
[B]Sun, 02/23/03[/b]= 7:30 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Glass House, Pomona.
[B]Tue, 02/25/03[/b]= 8:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age, The Grove of Anaheim,Anaheim.
[B]Wed, 02/26/03[/b]= 7:30 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Ventura Theatre,Ventura.
[B]Wed, 03/05/03[/b]= 7:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Sunshine Theater,Albuquerque.
[B]Thu, 03/13/03[/b]= 7:30 pm Queens of the Stone Age, House of Blues, New Orleans, New Orleans.
[B]Tue, 03/18/03[/b]= 7:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Culture Room,
Fort Lauderdale.
[B]Fri, 03/21/03[/b]= 8:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age, Hard Rock Live Orlando, Orlando.
[B]Sat, 03/22/03[/b]= 8:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age, House of Blues Myrtle Beach, N. Myrtle Beach.
[B]Mon, 03/24/03[/b]= 8:00 pm Queens of the Stone Age The Norva, Norfolk,

Hope now all you fans of Q.O.T.S.A, or just into their type of music, can go and see them![/color][/size]
Guest punkdot
Posted
....QotSA is a pretty good band, I like the song "No One Knows." Its pretty good, but the music video for it is F*CKED UP!!!! =D
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Hmm...what ever happened to 'mucked up' or 'messed up'. You have warped my fragile little mind. Yes, it is a bit strange, it's the hunting-trip-gone-wrong video right? The video for 'Feel Good Hit Of The Summer' is pretty weird as well, but I suppose with the song just saying 'Nicotine, Valium, Vicaden, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol' and 'C.c.c.c.c.cocaine' repeatedly, the video would be quite strange.[/color][/size]
Posted
If you're looking for any more strange music by them, listen to the song, Six Shooter. I love the song so much, but it's just screaming a whole bunch of threatsm and then Shoot, Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot! POW!! Brilliant, but weird song. But what would you expect from them?
Posted
They'll be in my area (Dallas-Fort Worth) a couple of days after the Norflok date. I want to go, but my parents know who the band is, and they think they're a bunch of stoners....dont ask

Didnt Blink182 make a song that was nothing but swear words?

Where did the true "Jesus Chicken" Avatar go? That was funny..

LP
Posted
It's so unfair!
I wanna go to BDO..only coz QOTSA and FF are playing lol. I wanted to go last year coz SOAD were up, but they didn't come to perth so it's like SCREWED! And plus, I'm too young to go. *sobs*
Oh yeh, I don't have $90 for a ticket either. Looks like im up the creek without a paddle.
I was gonna buy Songs for the Deaf but I bought the Audioslave album instead. BIG mistake.
Posted
[QUOTE]I was gonna buy Songs for the Deaf but I bought the Audioslave album instead. BIG mistake.[/QUOTE]

:therock:


bull crap...:worried:
the audioslave record is a great album. songs for the deaf is awesome, too, but purchasing audioslave's album was in no way a mistake.

when you cant decide, get both.:)
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Yeh, I agree with treton on this one. The words Audioslave and Mistake belong no where near eachother! I need my copy, but I never have enough to buy it. The QOTSA album is great to though. It's a tough choice between loads of stuff at the moment. One answer...MP3's![/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Do you mean Q.O.T.S.A, becuase this has kind off brought up the subject of Audioslave somehow. If you're on about the 'No One Knows' video, yer, that's too weird![/color][/size]
Posted
Well I don't hate the Audioslave album, but it's not exactly what I hoped for.
And Audioslave and mistake can go near eachother. For example. "The fact that Audioslave cancelled their show was a mistake"
Please someone smuggle me into the BDO. I'll be forever grateful.
Posted
I'll see what I can do, Lil Mueslee. Despite living in another state, I'm sure I can get you into the Gold Coast BDO with no trouble. I shall be taking a camera so I can post some of the better photos online. THREE DAYS!!! I'll get plenty of QOTSA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...