Jump to content
OtakuBoards

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) Has anyone seen this?


Recommended Posts

Posted
I've read a little bit of the Magna but that's all. I've heard the anime is very entertaining and funny. I was just wondering if anyone has seen the anime and what their opinions were.
Posted
Yeah i have seen it. It's pretty good. The facial expressions are just great. I have seen the first 4 i think. The manga is pretty close to the anime which is always good.
Shockingly i saw the manga at waldenbooks...............
Posted
I saw it subbed a long time ago, I think. It had some action, which I liked, but for some reason it didn't really apply to me. I'll have to watch it again to find out exactly why...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
...GTO is great...lol, I just bought the second DVD and the fourth graphic novel...I think it's funny...I reccomend reading and watching it...
Posted
I actually just had a money spending episode not too long ago where I bought, I think, 6 GTO DVDs in a week.

And the I proceeded to download all but the last two episodes from IRC.

Anywho, GTO f0ckin r0x0rz, d00d. I can't get enough of it. It's hilarious, but unfortunately, not in a funny way that any of my friends understand, so I'm stuck here in my room, eatin' a cup of instant ramen, laughin' my *** off.
Posted
Let's see what can I say about GTO... I just love this, both the Manga and the anime. I just bout GTO Vol. 1 on DVD and I must say...it is hilarious, but the story line is good, too. ANd yes I have to agree the story lines are just about exact!!! Man it's awesome. But yes Onizuka is somewhat of a perv, but at least he can befriend his students as well. And since he isn't too much older than them he can deal out as much damage as they deal to him. But now I gotta go get Vol 2-whatever...BYE!!!
Posted
I bought the first manga volume, and I think it's one of the only ones I've ever bought and disliked... It just didn't appeal to me. I'm not sure why, I just disliked it. But that's just me. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, and this is more guys humour. Who knows. ^_~
Posted
[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]Matters in taste I suppose, I'm a girl and I think it's hilarious. I'm still trying to find money so I can buy the fifth volume of the manga and the fourth DVD....god I'm broke.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I read like a sampler i got from Waldenbooks, OMG! This is super hilliarious, i mean i know he's a punk from the streets but dear lord! The way he goes off at his students is funny! I practically fell out of my seat reading it. So i definetly have to buy the magna and DVD of it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]I read like a sampler i got from Waldenbooks, OMG! This is super hilliarious, i mean i know he's a punk from the streets but dear lord! The way he goes off at his students is funny! I practically fell out of my seat reading it. So i definetly have to buy the magna and DVD of it. [/B][/QUOTE]


I'll say this, if you loved the sample of it from Waldenbooks then you'll def. love the anime, I just bought Vol.2 and it's been a blast so far!! No tru complaints as of now, buts as for the Manga, I haven't read it yet!! But I'll proably check it out soon!!!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I can see where you're coming from with that...but you guys I picked up the Feb. edition of Amimeria and geuss who's on it...None other than ONIZUKA....with his fine self...and they have a great article about the story...Check it out!!!!! I just loved all the pictures of him!!!!
Posted
Damn ! I missed that Animerica! I got the one with Inuyasha on it though........mmm lets see.
Onizuka or Inuyasha?
yeah thats hard!
I just saw up to ep nine and right now number 8 is my favorite!
The final episode is suppossed to be done live action.
Posted
[color=red][size=1]Yeah I guess...

But, they already have the live-action version...

I still think it's a stupid idea if they make the ending live-action.[/size][/color]
Posted
Well it won't be IF.
The episodes are over they are just slow going to DVD.
My source could be wrong.......is my source ever wrong? mmmmmi can't remember my source being wrong ever before so i guess i will go with it.
Posted
you should read the manga then. I think they are all available, but then again im not sure.
I guess i could research it..........but i probably won't.
I know what you mean though, i say they speed it up! I hate waiting. They should release in batches of like 4 or something.
Posted
[color=Red][size=1]Yeah, lol...

I've read the manga...but I need to goto Barns and Noble soon, so maybe I'll pick up the fifth one...

I got the first four...and the first three DVD's I think...I should count later...

Good thing I found that twenty in my pocket...lol...

I've been broke for two months...pathetic...I need a job...[/size][/color]
Posted
Yep. I rented it from the library over the weekend. So far I have only seen the first four episodes, but find it to be one of the funniest animes I have seen. Then again, I did always find lecherous humor to be one of the funniest types (thanks to the fact that I am a "child of the 90's").

Now I know that I will have to rent the rest of the library's (small) selection of the show.:cross:
Posted
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1]Your library has anime? The only thing in my library that's anime is Princess Mononoke and Pokemon/Digimon if that's even considered...

Hah, I just bought the 5th and 6th volumes of the manga...god, Onizuka is such a perv! But also so is the principal...oh well...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...