OtakuBoards

*~Ashanti~*

Celia

[color=0099FF] [size=1]Anyone else like Ashanti?
What is your favorite song by Ashanti?

She has a great voice and potential of singing in my opinion... I think. My favorite song of hers is "Foolish" and "Happy".

I just want to know what you guys think about her. Opinions?[/color] [/size]

Even though I've dubbed myself Otaku Board's Biggest R&B Fan(tm), I don't really like Ashanti that much. I mean, her songs are catchy and I'm not going to lie about how much I liked "Foolish" and "Unfoolish" (until the radio wouldn't stop playing it!), but she's a "studio voice." Everytime she goes on stage, her voice isn't nearly as good as it is in the recording studio. She went on an episode of [i]Sabrina[/i] and dropped down an octave in a part of "Happy" where she was supposed to go higher. It just bothers me.

She looks good, though. No complaints there. :D

Hmm... I'm gonna have to find that Ja Rule thread you were talking about and throw in my two cents about the moron who revived Bobby Brown's singing career.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Even though I've dubbed myself Otaku Board's Biggest R&B Fan(tm), I don't really like Ashanti that much. I mean, her songs are catchy and I'm not going to lie about how much I liked "Foolish" and "Unfoolish" (until the radio wouldn't stop playing it!), but she's a "studio voice." Everytime she goes on stage, her voice isn't nearly as good as it is in the recording studio. She went on an episode of [i]Sabrina[/i] and dropped down an octave in a part of "Happy" where she was supposed to go higher. It just bothers me.

She looks good, though. No complaints there. :D

Hmm... I'm gonna have to find that Ja Rule thread you were talking about and throw in my two cents about the moron who revived Bobby Brown's singing career. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh, I liked Bobby Brown, or at least "My Perogative", "Every little step I take", and his past with New Edition. I admit, I'm an eighties-early nineties freak.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Well, yeah, I liked Bobby Brown back in the 80s and there's a bunch of New Edition songs I can't get enough of. Heck, I even liked the New Edition reunion album. I just don't like Bobby Brown because of what he's doing to Whitney. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its Ike and Tina Turner all over again.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I think Ashanti has a nice voice, even though you can kinda tell her voice isn't really like that...

My favorite songs would have to be...

1) What's Luv: Fat Joe featuring Ashanti
2) Unfoolish
3) Happy

I don't remember hearing 'what's luv' as much as 'foolish' on the radio... It was crazy how they would play two songs, then 'foolish', two more songs, than 'foolish'. They did that for one whole weekend. @_@;;;;[/color] [/size]

I love Ashanti! I want her CD so bad, but I just don't have the money.

I like Unfoolish and Happy.

I remember seeing on MTV Fat Joe and Ashanti doing that What's Luv? song on a spring break concert or something like that, and when Fat Joe turned around his butt crack was showing. It was hilarious! I guess that's why they call him "Joe Crack" . :laugh:

But one thing about that song is don't like is this:

One of Ashanti's lines was "I want the Don Joe Crack on top of me..."
I was like, no you don't. As big as Fat Joe is...he'd probably kill her.

[color=0099FF] [size=1]I have 'Foolish','Happy',and 'What's Love' downloaded in my computer.

Yeah I kind of got tired of 'Happy' because the radio plays it over and over again right after the commercials.

BTW, the CD cover of her CDs'are really pretty[/color][/size]