Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone ever bought a pack of cards that were errors?
I bought one yesterday and I opened up a pack of Magic Ruler to find all Metal Raiders cards. i didn't even get a rare. I asked the ownerif these were real and he told me he ordered the box from upper deck .
other times I've gotten regular raes that were not silver at the top.
Posted
Getting all rares and super rares isn't actually an error; it's just a statistical improbability. You know the statistics for getting the rares? Well, you can calculate the odds of a single pack containing nothing but rares based on that. I could do it myself, but I'm too lazy. The point is, I can theoretically pick up a PSV pack with Jinzo, Thousand eyes Restrict, Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, Ceasefire, Goblin Strike force and others, but the odds against it are very high.

As you've clearly demonstrated, though, it's not impossible.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I don't think I have many things that have happened to me like that, but I got a Time Wizard in Magic Ruler, although it's supposed to come from Metal Raiders.
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Beelzebumon [/i]
[B]Getting all rares and super rares isn't actually an error; it's just a statistical improbability. You know the statistics for getting the rares? Well, you can calculate the odds of a single pack containing nothing but rares based on that. I could do it myself, but I'm too lazy. The point is, I can theoretically pick up a PSV pack with Jinzo, Thousand eyes Restrict, Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, Ceasefire, Goblin Strike force and others, but the odds against it are very high.

As you've clearly demonstrated, though, it's not impossible. [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be usefull.
Exactly how can you do this?
Posted
You can't actually do it; what you could do is calculate the odds of finding a pack like that. I know, vaguely, how to do it. Next time I buy a booster, I'll write down the stats of finding the rare cards they print. Factor that in with the number of cards in a booster, and the number of boosters in a box, and you should probably be able to calculate it; it's simple statistics.

Of course, the odds against you will be very disheartening, but it's not impossible.
Posted
Huh, you all are lucky, because I have never gotten lucky errors in whih I got all rares or anything... Once I got a metal raiders card in Pharoah's Sevant, that's oit. Damn.
Guest Toon_world
Posted
you gotta be more than lucky to get all super rares
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]That would be usefull.
Exactly how can you do this? [/B][/QUOTE]

You can go out and buy this scale that cost 50 dollars i think then this tricky part you have to open a pack so it dosen't look as if it were open put in 9 cards 8 commons 1 super rare three commons 6 rares you can use anycombos its best to use the super rares that way you can get etheri secert or ultra rare but you would have to do this at like a traget or wal-mart because other stores have the packs behind the counter and when you ask to buy the cards they just give you a pack.
Posted
meh... I once got a printer test as a rare in a MRD pack...

a shiny card that had none of the usual stuff, jyust a strip of black, a strip of red, a strip of blue and a strip of yellow.

meh.
Posted
...I have a Flame Swordsman that had some printing problems, plus the Gaia the Dragon Champion that has Gold Lettering despite it's rarity...I don't think the latter's a misprint, though.
Posted
no this is luck people, but i was only this lucky once in my life i bought a dl crap pack to my amazement had all 5 peices of sealed exodia, imagaine that!
Posted
No, it's definitely a Secret Rare. I think they weren't sure what to do with Secret Rares back then, and released a bunch of Gaias with Gold Lettering. The most recent printings of Gaia have the correct Holo-Text. My friend has 3...lucky rich kid. Though having 3 Right Legs of Exodia's kinda sad...when he's still missing two of the parts.
Posted
yup im 100% sure that gaia the dragon champion is not an ultra rare it is indeed a secret rare so that means it looks like video game promo cards, and no gold letters, gold lettered ones are misprints and worth more than the reg ones
Posted
Don't be so sure. I've seen Yu-gi-oh card stickers. My friend has the dragon champion card sticker with silver lettering and a holo picture on it......The stickers are very true on what they look like in real life.

I don't know if this is considered a pack,but he also got 2 Dark magician in one Yugi Starter deck when he bought it.
Posted
yeah one of my old freinds brother got a kazejin in a yugi starter also somone got a feind karken in a yugi starter now i was confused that card isn't in any sets out in amercaia nor the yet to be relesed labrinth of nightmare
Posted
ok i got a quick question i was wondering does the card that has those printing colors does it cost anything becuz i just bought a pack with that error card and i was curious plz answer this question if upperdeck or anyone else would buy it from me hoow much would it cost and give me?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...