Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I got a suggestion that i think is reasonable, you can judge for yourself.

You know how you start a post or anything else and someone posts something rude or spam and you pm a mod but the right mod isn't on for area or the super mod is doing something else and you just want to delete that post or at least edit it but you can't. Well here is my suggestion.

Thread starters should be allowed to delete or edit posts that they deem unfit on their thread. All i'm saying is that when a person starts a thread they should have the right to edit or just plain clean up the thread. And it would be threads that they started, not other members threads just their's. This is just a suggestion that i came up with. I know it sounds like that it could get abused but if it gets abused by one member i sugguest that the said person that abuses that should lose that privilege. Thats all. Thank you for your time.
Posted
That's just taking it too far...

I can tell you people would definitely start using this power inappropriately... if a mod isn't on [i]right this instant[/i] I'm sure they will be soon enough. One can wait.

Plus, I really don't like the idea that any Joe Schmoe can edit my post whenever he feels like if it's in his thread.
Posted
okay i was just wondering what people would think of this idea. I kind of had a feeling it wouldn't be that good anyways, i just wanted to see what other people thought. I just wanted to see some input on this idea. thats all.
Posted
[color=crimson]If you arent patient enough to wait for a mod, I know several good pyschitrists that will help you with your pyschological issues.

Lol. Stupid idea in my opinon- And the software might not be able to support it with the sheer number of threads on OB.[/color]
Posted
Okay, i don't need people flaming me. I was just asking if that would be something to think about. Okay? I was just asking. Yeesh!
Posted
Like Wrist Cutter said, people will definately start abusing it if they have akin to moderator powers in their threads. Just think, somebody's opinion can easily be changed by editing that persons post. Of course, a moderator or Admin could see who edited what, and if you did abuse it, you could be banned, however, If you were able to edit your own threads, why have moderators? And then, couldn't someone, who's thread has been closed, open it again?

While it may be a good concept, the reality is, it just wont work.
Posted
[color=#507AAC]Yep, we've had suggestions like this before.

It's the reason why we have Moderators; so that members don't need to perform these functions.

If the Moderator of that forum isn't available (if they are online, however, they ARE available), you can always PM a Category Moderator (either from that category or another). Category Moderators can perform actions anywhere on the site. They should be your second point of contact, after a Moderator.[/color]
Posted
I saw a message board where one could mark a post "Constructive" or "Destructive" (or something), and if the post was sufficiently voted Destructive it would disappear. Would that work? Would that help? Would it be necessary?
Posted
[color=#507AAC]I don't think we need something like that here. We have a very specific set of rules that we apply to every situation; I don't like the idea of "opening the floor" and allowing a post or thread to be deemed unsuitable based on totally unknown criteria.

I mean, people might vote a thread to be closed or removed simply because they dislike the thread's creator. It's just not suitable for this particular site.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...