Jump to content
OtakuBoards

So no one asks, here is the release dates for the first few DBGT DVD's...


Recommended Posts

Posted
Thanks to animeondvd.com and ukdb.com for these release dates...(obviously the ones in bold are the DBGT releases. The rest are other Funimation releases comin out within the next few months)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Funimation New Title Announcements (11:47 PM EST): Looking for something new here at midnight? Well, we've got it today with a number of new title announcements:

[i]Fruits Basket Vol. #4 - 123 minutes - $39.99 - 05/27/2003
[b]Dragon Ball GT Vol. #01: Baby: Afflication - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 04/15/2003
Dragon Ball GT Vol. #02: Baby: Incubation - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 04/15/2003
Dragon Ball GT Vol. #03: Baby: Creation - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 05/20/2003
Dragon Ball GT Vol. #04: Baby: Proliferation - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 05/20/2003[/b]
YuGiOh Vol. #09: Shining Friendship - 60 minutes - $19.95 - 05/06/2003
YuGiOh Vol. #10: The Night Before - 60 minutes - $19.95 - 05/06/2003
Dragonball Z World Tournament Box Set - ? - 42.95 - 04/22/2003
Dragon Ball Feature 1: The Path to Power - ? - $29.95 - 04/29/2003
Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. #13: Genkai's Test - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 05/27/2003
Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. #14: No Return - 62 minutes - $24.95 - 05/27/2003[/i]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now why in the world they're beginning with the Bebi saga, I have no idea. I guess because we all know that DBGT didnt get good until the Bebi saga. But people are gonna be lost. Especially those that havent seen the subs yet, or all that other good stuff. They're all gonna be wonderin "Why is Goku a kid again.", "What are the black star Dragonballs.", "Who's that girl.", and all that other stuff. Mainly the kiddies, but still. Looks like Funimation's found another way to completly screw somethin up. Oooh well. If you wanna discuss this, go ahead(that is IF there is anything to discuss, but I'm sure someone will come up wit somethin to talk about. But dont turn this into a Funi bashin thread.)

Just thought I'd let yall know this so you dont go askin about this later.

You're Welcome. ^_^
Posted
I noticed this on theOtaku.com. I was kind of wondering when they were going to do Dragonball GT, but now that they have started it, they have already proved their stupidity by skipping to the Babi saga. Gee, why is Goku small? Bah, kids don't care, they want to see action! Typical FUNImation...and I hear they're going to change Bra's name to...something.

Anyway, I'm not going to be buying the DVDs, but I'll probably check it out on Cartoon Network in the fall for fun. FUNImation [i]ruins it again!!![/i]
Posted
god god, is there anything FUNi [strike]can[/stirke] do right, sheesh.
-since this is not a FUNi bashing thread,:rolleyes: I'll end there. :devil:

Put simply, I think the idea stinks, to completely cut out the first saga, unless, like Dragonball Z, the first eps are, yet again, dubbed by Ocean Group.
Posted
[color=red]Typical. I don't hate FUNi, seeing as how they are my only current means of catching DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, but...man...they need to step up the releases.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
this is so stupid. I have like the first 4 episodes of DBGT with subs, so I don't really know what happens after that, except for the last 4 episodes(don't ask why I have the first and last 4 DBGT episodes but none in between). I have seen a couple, namely when Babi first got to Earth, but otherwise, I'll be lost.
Posted
I love how the only way some can try and look like a real otaku is by bashing funi and cn.

Its so cheesy and cliche.

I gotta say though, Im looking forward to some new stuff. It should be good, and with a new group of people working on dbgt it might be interesting to see what sort of changes occur stylistically.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]I love how the only way some can try and look like a real otaku is by bashing funi and cn.

Its so cheesy and cliche.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Heck, I don't even consider myself an otaku. I dislike FUNi because they botch the DBZ releases and the dub voices are FUNi (note the pun)

And I dislike Cartoon Network because of their damn outstanding logo which, if i was to watch CN most of the day, would burn a hole in my screen. other channels on NZ's sky network can have a transparent logo, i don't forsee why cn can't

So, I have my reaosns for disliking them, I don't know about everyone else. dislike being the keyword here, i won't go so far as to say [i]hate[/i]

The only time I'll consider myself an otaku is if i get 1000 posts :p
Posted
hey, I WAS NOT bashing. If I wanted to look like an otaku, I'd be posting a lot more in the anime section than I have been. I don't really have a problem with FuniMation or Cartoon Network at all, except that they didn't finish the series yet
Posted
This is both puzzling and disappointing. I can't help but to wonder why they would cut episodes from a 64 episode series. It's going to seem super short, lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...