OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

So if the PDF is correct ( thxs Kakashi) if you have a set MST and your opponent flips a I.O you can then in a chain flip your set mst and destroy it. I already know that if I.O is already down no magics will work even if you flip MST later in the duel. The question was if we both had them set, when he flipped his could i flip mine to destroy his.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Altron Gundam
At ANYTIME, this is the situation BOTTOM LINE:

If it is YOUR turn:

- opponent activates Decree
- You may chain with MST from HAND or set

If it is OPPONENT's turn:

- He uses Decree
- You may chain with SET MST only.

Either way, if MST is chained in response to Decree, will MST destroy Decree. That is the only way MST can destroy IO.

Well as I see it you may only get rid of I.O with Spiritulism. Because you all forgeting the most important rule: MST AND Dust tornado may NOT negate any cards effect! This means that whatever the case they both can destroy, but not negate. S, that means I.O.'s effect will activate.

Guest Altron Gundam
Oh lord...please quit imposing your opinion on everybody.

Mine isn't an opinion, it is fact, as it already has been ruled as how I explained in the JP CCG and the Eng. CCG.

Imperial Decree is a PERMANENT TRAP. When resolving chain effects, the latest card to be activated comes first.

After the calling of the chains, effects are resolved. If MST is in response to IO, MST effects takes place first, this destroys IO, and its effect.

Gahh..

I am not imposing my opinion on anyone. This is the advice forum and as such I shared what my view was since it does not negate . Also, I would like to know how I am forcing my opinion on anyone, seeing as how this is an optional thread that doesn't need to be read, it is voluntary. . And please do not talk down to me and insult me in, what I thought, was a nice hospitible discussion. Hmm.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Oh lord...please quit imposing your opinion on everybody.

Mine isn't an opinion, it is fact, as it already has been ruled as how I explained in the JP CCG and the Eng. CCG.

Imperial Decree is a PERMANENT TRAP. When resolving chain effects, the latest card to be activated comes first.

After the calling of the chains, effects are resolved. If MST is in response to IO, MST effects takes place first, this destroys IO, and its effect.

Gahh.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]I don't see that he was imposing his opinion on anyone, he's just giving advice. If he were imposing his opinion on everyone he would be telling people to do this and do that and constantly berating and belittling them but he isn't so please don't jump down people's throats.

Anyways, Spirtrilisum is really the only card that can bypass Imperial Order seeing as how MST only destroys the card, it does not negate and therefore Order would negate MST seeing as how it destroys the card not negate and destroy but it just destroys, but if your opponent has already flipped IO you cannot chain with MST, why else would IO still be on the restricted to one list if that were capable of happening? If it were then it would probably be restricted to two.[/COLOR]

Guest Altron Gundam
Except that it has already been ruled on by Konami and UD within their respective CCG's!!!

That's how people are playing in offical tournaments and that is how it is being ruled. You are completely missing the point. When effects are resolved, MST's effect come first.

- IF the card(I-O) is DESTROYED, and no longer on the field it can No longer NEGATE.

- MST's effect is considered first, since it chained to IO. IO is destroyed, and can no longer negate.

Holy crap...you're a friggin n00b...

DESPITE the fact that MST doesn't negate effects, IO isn't a normal trap who's effect goes through, and then once that is over, the trap goes directly to the gy, IO is a PERMANENT TRAP. THEREFORE, for IO to be in effect, IT MUST be on the field. If destroyed, its effect no longer is in play.

Basic chain rule people..--;

Hold on, hold on. There's no reason to start talking nasty... Stuff like this is always argumental; I used to not get how MST or Haroies Feather duster can't destroy traps like IO or Waboku too. But I've learned, and I'm all the wiser now. Leave the poor "n00bs" alone.

My only question is, can Bait Doll's effect kill Imperial Order? (Bait Doll's effect says that it targets one face down card, and if it's a trap, it's negated and destroyed ONLY if the timing of its activation is wrong.)

Well, you don't have to worry, this "noob" won't be giving any more advice. I really don't appreciate the insult from you Altron, simply because I won't be back. Yor attitude hs taken care of that. I am sure I am not the only one with a problem being insulted for what they say. And it seems from the way certain people act that I am not the only nOOb. Oh, and it wasn't a pleasure to meet you!

Don't care really at all. This was something you have needed to have said to you for along time as I see it. It doesn't matter if you were talking to Domon or me, to call anyone a nOOb when you have no right to is wrong. And more to the point you realy shouldn't insult anyone anyway, because we have been through this before in another thread. So, I realy would like it if you would stop insulting people seeing as how you already got in trouble for it. And if you are going to "educate" these so called nOObs then at least use the right names! Who knows, maybe you are the friggin' nOOB. I am sorry if this offends anyone this is my own personal opinion, as such, I will not be back to OB.
Thanks

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Tom, please drop it. Not only are these arguments spam, but they're pointless in the first place. If you want them to stop, then just stop. If you have a problem with something Altron or anyone else has said, PM them instead of clogging up the threads. It's much more polite and means everyone else can read the threads they want to read instead of a flamefest.[/SIZE]

Please keep to the topic.[/COLOR][/b]

Okay, Tom, I can understand you're upset, but PLEASE stop putting these rants or replies in the board, when you should be putting them in the Message boxes of certain people you want to "chat" with. If you don't then we're going way off topic of this original topic's subject matter, and that would be bad. I know, I'm saying all of this in the subject box too, but this is probably the only place you'll find it. Please, Altron, Tom, anybody else who want to duke it out verbally, keep these things out of the boards, before Solo bans you guys.

I'm only saying this as a friend...

Darn! He beat me to it. Sorry, Solo. :-P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Snodin [/i]
[B]My only question is, can Bait Doll's effect kill Imperial Order? (Bait Doll's effect says that it targets one face down card, and if it's a trap, it's negated and destroyed ONLY if the timing of its activation is wrong.) [/B][/QUOTE]
No, since Imperial Order can be activated at any time as long as it has been on the field at least one turn. So the timing of its activation will always be correct.

I run a Gravekeepers graveyard control deck. It always did good, up untill MFC came out. With a lot of lvl 4 1900 monsters my deck has suffered a bit. The strongest gravekeper is Chief with 1900 atk. Got a good effect, but he's lvl 5. He has to be tribed with that atk while other cards with that atk can be played normally. It's a Dark deck too. I've bee thinking of adding a stronger monster, maybe a Mystical Knight of Jackal or Dark Ruler Has Des. Only thing is they don't really fit my theme. If you want look in Deck Submissions to check out my deck . Can any one suggest a decent stronger monster to maybe add to my deck ?.

I would definitely go with Hades; he's only 50 ATK points stronger than Jinzo, plus he and any other fiend you may have on the field can negate monster attacks. If you want, you can make him combo with your gravekeepers with DNA Surgery, unless you have a lot of Spellcaster magic/spell cards. Another good heavy-hitter, of course, would be Jinzo- unless you have him already.

Question: If you have mostly dark monsters, do you have the field card Mystic Plasma Zone? It can raise the ATK of all your dark monsters by 500 points (and lowers their defense by 400), and it could be a good backup for Necrovalley. Of course, these and the extra monsters could make space in your deck... but it's up to you.

Nope, don't have a MPZ.
I like Dark Ruler Has Des only problem is he can go with my deck but he can't. I could combine him with DNA Surgery and use my Gravekeepers and they're effects. Only thing is he can't be summoned from the grave. If he's Raigeki'd then thats thats. You could say the main card of my deck is Necrovalley seeing as how most of my monsters/effects/traps/magics work with and around it. Most all my monsters can be searched with with MT and WoBF. Has Des can't. It can be good and bad with it. I'll have to play test it first , see if it works out good before I add it for sure.

Obelisk The Tormentor:
Offer two Monsters on your side of the field as a Tribute to destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field, and inflict 4000 points of direct damage to your opponent's life points.

Slypher the Sky Dragon:
The ATK and DEF of this monster increases by 1000 points for each card the controller of this card has in his or her hand. In addition, this monster decreases the ATK (and DEF?) of each opponent's Monster that is summoned to the field as long as this Monster remains face up on the field.

Winged Dragon of Ra:
The ATK and DEF of this monster becomes the sum of the three Monsters' ATK and DEF that were offered as Tributes to summon it. (In addition, this monster can be controlled by either player who successfully recites the chant text written on this Monster's card) <-- I'm not sure if this monster has any more effects, but those are the ones I've seen.

I dunno about Ra and Slypher (forgive me if I'm saying Slypher wrong), but if Obelisk was completely immune to traps, then why did Isis- who gave the card to Kaiba in the first place- set a trap on Obelisk during her duel with Kaiba? Unless he's immune to trap cards that only try to stop him while he's attacking an opponent directly during his effect... I dunno.

[COLOR=#503F86]It wasn't Obelisk that the trap was set on as such, it was the monster which Kaiba tributed for it.

I always got the impression that none of the God Cards could be affected by any Effect Monsters, Spell Cards or Traps. Or if they did, it was just for one turn.

[SIZE=1]P.S. Snodin- it's 'Slipher' ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Does anyone know if there is a difference between spell cards and magic cards? I feel silly but I never really noticed until a while ago that the magic cards said either magic or spell on them, and that there wasn't a whole lot of correlation as to why.

You guys know?

I'll tell you. Magic and Spell cards are the same; they just got the name changed because the dudes at Wizard (I think that's the company's name; it's the dudes that're responsible for Magic: The Gathering) were threatening to sue because they want the title "Magic cards" all to themselves.

I personally don't mind the change; saying "spells" sounds much better than saying "magics" anyway (of course, that's my personal opinion).