Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I just ordered a copy control CD. I've heard numerous comments about these things from listeners, all of which are negative. One of which is "It won't play in my CD player" and that concerns me quite a bit. However, this could be false information... I am not completely trusting of random internet folk.

So if you have any copy control CDs, have you had any trouble playing it?
Posted
If we're talking about the same things...

Macrovision made something called the CDS system, which basically screws up a lot of stuff. I've heard a good deal of Japanese CDs have it now. There are other versions of it as well.

I've not heard about them not playing in a standard CD player, but there generally is a problem with them playing in a computer CD player. Either it won't let you, or it makes you fill out some forms and such before it will work (I've only dealt with the second kind, but it played fine in my Panasonic stereo CD player the entire time).

So I'd have to say people are exaggerating all that... Although, anything is possible I suppose. The people playing them might even have older CD players, which cause problems in general anyway lol.
Posted
I have a copy control CD, the software used by Avex Trax. It worked in my CD player, worked in my computer CD player and I made mp3s by putting a marker along the outside data track. I dunno if they have changed their ways, but thats how it was then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...