Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
visit this website: and check out a really awesome band!

[color=purple]Website links to commercial sites are not permitted on OtakuBoards. We suggest you name the band and see if anyone has heard of them or possibly sugest songs to download. Thank you[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Heh, they look pretty cool. Their style and the way they are presented on that site makes me think of New Found Glory, and other boy-punk bands. Are they your local band, or did you just hear them somewhere
By the way, I think this may get closed for advertising a site, but oh well![/color][/size]
Posted
[b][color=teal]][size=1]I've heard "Swing Swing" and it's one of my favorite temporary songs. So emo... *sigh*

I saw the music video for it, as well. So emo... *sigh* Though good.


--Mike
"char,char!"[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[color=red] OMG!!! I thought I would never find someone who likes them (or has even heard of them)!!! I heard "Swing, Swing" on Edge TV and I fell in love with it!!!!!!!!:love: In fact, I'm listening to it right now and my MSN name is part of the song!!!!!!!! OMG! I'm gonna buy their CD as soon as possible!! And it helps that the lead singer is really hot too!! His eyes *sigh*!:love: He reminds me of a younger and hooter version of Tom Welling! *sigh again* Omg! I'm sorry but I really LOVE(!)the song with a passion!! Sorry I get excited! It's my new fav song!!! Thank you so much, seress, for starting this thread! It's great to know that other people like and know of them too![/color]
Posted
Swing Swing is a pretty good song, but there to much like Five Iron Frenzy. For anyone who doesn't know who they are, which is probobly everyone, FIF is a band basically the exact same as the AAR, but with a little god thrown in. Even thou it is Jesus rock, its still really good, and even if your not a Christian you sould check them out if you like AAR. I seriously thought that the Swing Swing was by FIF.
Posted
I HATE EMO!
emo is not music. its BS. its nothing but a bunch of guys that are "so hot/cute" who play fake post-punk trash. there is nothing in this.

"I thought I would never find someone who likes them..."-SuperMuffin

...and i wish i dont. hmm... maybe there's hope after all.

im sorry if i offended anyone, but coming from a musician, this "music" is really just embarrassing and kind of disgusting.
Posted
[color=indigo]One of the guys plays that crappy "Swing Swing" song at the gym. I swear if I hear this song tonight that guy is going to seeing a barbell swing, swing at his head. This is quite possibly the worst band ever...I think all of this new punk music is just a bunch of little skate board punks that all want to be "johnny tough guy", but in reality they are all a bunch of BSB rejects hoping to sniff Brittany Spears panties.

Actually, this thread gave me a great idea, since I haven't evolved as a good musician, maybe I'll frost and spike my hair, dawn some baggy denim shorts and a wife beater, and write crappy pop-punk songs poking fun on other EMO bands...that'll give them a taste of their own medicine[/color]
Posted
*decides to contribute to HC's band.*
ill do it if im anonymous. i dont want it to overshadow my real music career. if i became a fad (or a part thereof), i think id shoot myself in the face.
*wonders about that last decision*
*loads firearm (just in case)*
Posted
Is this band a punk, or a rock, or what band? I don't even know the name of them 'cause nobody has mentioned it yet.

I was going to check out that 'Swing Swing' song you're all talking about.

[EDIT]Or is it the title? o_0;
Posted
I would go with calling them EMO.
They aren't that bad! I guess i just have a soft spot for EMO. If some people found out i would probably lose some of my metal pals. The song is Swing Swing. And the band is All American Rejects.
Posted
There is some emoish stuff I tolerate. There are bands like Deathcab for Cutie that I think do what they do really damn well... And then there are bands like Dashboard Confessional (well one guy anyway) that I wish would shrivel up and die a long, painful death. Bright Eyes is also alright, and I really like Ozma if that's considered emo. Ozma in particular has some amazing lyrics and some really kickass guitar solos.

The last girl I dated was into emo, which in itself isn't a bad thing. The problem is that she only liked MTV emo crap like this and whatever else struck a chord with people and was popular at the time. It always drove me nuts. I'd recommend a slightly less popular group and she'd have no idea who they were. Ironically, she loves All American Rejects now.

Anyway, I don't like these guys. That's all there really is to it heh.
Posted
I just want to say that I don't necessarily understand the editing of the initial post. It's best to use a bit of discretion with the advertising rule--especially when dealing with personal sites as opposed to commercial sites. I don't see how suggesting to download material is any better. Especially when that is barely legal, lol. Also, there really should be a name in that edit.

That being said, members should use common sense as well. Don't post a thread saying "Here, look at this site!" If you want to post a thread discussing a band, and provide members with a link to a noncommercial website with acceptable content--there's nothing wrong with doing so. But, don't post a link just for the sake of posting one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...