Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You're not gonna believe this! Later this year CN will be airing the all too famous Gundam Zeta! I can't believe this! I know though, that CN will butcher out some of the best seens or edit the show so horribly but still. Its Zeta Gundam! What more can I say?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B] Its Zeta Gundam! What more can I say? [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] What more can you say is that the horrible butchered dub is all we have... Weeeeeeeeee! Must get prepared! *Starts filing gundam action figures in Time order, Zeon Federation, power, numbers mass produced, and how cool they are!* Zeta! yay! Too bad they had to show Char's counterattack already :P.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Posted
Yeah, i agree. But hey, after Zeta we should get Double Zeta! I heard that even though Double Zeta takes place right after the Gryps war it is a much more lighthearted series. But i can't wait for Zeta!
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Do you have to see the Gundam series preceding Zeta to understand it? Because my friend says Zeta is really good, sadly, I have only seen the first episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitth'raw'nuruodo [/i]
[B]Do you have to see the Gundam series preceding Zeta to understand it? Because my friend says Zeta is really good, sadly, I have only seen the first episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam. [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] Yes, you won't understand the Zeon factor. You won't understand the Titans, and you wont understand the rivalry between Char and Amuro.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Posted
Oh, well since Ive never seen zeta I think it would be best for cn to just not show it.

I speak for millions of other "non-zeta" gundam fans when I say that we want nothing to do with this series because of dubbing and editing.

I figure, why would I want something instead of nothing.

I mean, what is the point of getting the chance to watch a new anime if they are gonna translate it for me and deal with the language barriers that exist.

Or maybe I dont want to watch it because of how they are gonna edit the show to meet fcc regulations and make it possible for americans to watch the show on cable.

I dont know, maybe Im being silly, but what ever, atleast I know for sure that Im a hardcore anime fan who can knock on even the greatest of gifts to cable...
Posted
Tis true Gokents, why waste time watching a series if all CN is gonna do is ruin the whole script, but i guess they think more of the "younger audiences" well in my opinion, who cares? Really, i mean these kids are gonna learn to swear one way or the other, its pointless to try and sheild them with all happy smiles and crap. I mean hello? Anyways, the point to my rant is, don't worry about Zeta, when it comes out of DVD just set the language to Japanse and set subtitles also, then you get to see lots of dirty language. I did that with my G-Gundam DVDs. *walks off trying to find the rest of the G-Gundam DVDs* all i got were the first 12 episodes.
Posted
Knowing CN they'll probably put the un-edited versions on aldut swim. Well if they don't they're idiots. I can't stand Toonami just for the fact how kiddish they make all the anime they play look. I don't know its just....blech. I'd prefer the swearing, blood, and crap than hearing

"Blast It" every two seconds in Gundam Wing....


Anyways I'll still watch it! I'm interested, I've heard good things about Zeta...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B]Knowing CN they'll probably put the un-edited versions on aldut swim. [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] They wont, you know gundam 0083? THey put the edited version on Adult swim. What make syou think they'll do that for Zeta? Huh?[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Now, if I were to go and buy that Gundam movie pack thing, that puts the whole Mobile Suit Gundam into them, I would be able to understand Zeta well enough? Or would it be best that I saw every single episode?
Posted
Buy the english dubbed movie of the original gundam but if you really don't wanna waste the money, go to [url]www.mahq.net[/url] and click on the reviews, it'll give you detailed reviews. And really i don't think you need to watch 0080 or 0083, they were made after Zeta came out.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
And by reading the reviews, I should be able to understand what is going on in Zeta then?
Posted
Yeppers, you should be able to. But really if you wanna [i]watch[/i] the Original Mobile Suit Gundam, cause i heard that really after the orignial gundam ended Zeta kicked in. So just watch that.
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Do you know if the original Mobile Suit Gundam will be on Cartoon Network again anytime soon? I am completely broke. o_0
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Absolutely, Zeta will be something to look forward too. Ofcourse, I'll probably get it quite some time after most of you as I live in Britain.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well it's about time CN aired Gundam Zeta hopefully they will air Double Zeta also later this year. It's one of the best Gundam series to date and is my personal favorite. ;)

Two Thumbs up for the series, but not for the dub hopefully CN won't screw this one up.
Posted
Well i don't think ZZ will air any time this year. Zeta won't air until late this year, i wanna say around August or July. Maybe August. I have no idea. I just can't wait!!
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Musahi
Posted
Zeta is too old to stick on CN. Many younger children (which is obviously their targeted audience) will find it too be [i]ugly[/i] and [i]boring[/i]. It's still a great series, those who have not seen it are in for a treat. Camille (the main charcter of Zeta) is awesome, and he gets his *** kicked a lot because he has a girly name. It's really great stuff. =P

To whoever said it will be horribly butchered, you are [i]horribly[/i] wrong. Bandai is probably one of the best dubbing companies out there, be happy some other company didn't get it.
Posted
I said it will be butchered and Bandai has nothing to do with Toonami. Toonami is a seperate coorporation from Bandai and Toonami [b]butchers any anime[/b]. Take a look at Yu-Yu-Hakusho, you know why they are doing the beginning episodes continoulsy? Because the last episodes of the Dark Tournament are really really really bloody and gory so in a manner of speaking, Toonami butchers it.
Guest Musahi
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]Toonami butchers it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wrong. You were right when you said Toonami and Bandai have nothing to do with eachother. If anyone "butchers" it, it is Bandai, Bandai is the only company that can alter the property.

0wned.
Posted
Actually GunMetal once Toonami or any other tv company receives an anime or whatever, they edit it. They have to to meet their standards etc. To actually Toonami does the editing etc and they do butcher it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...