OtakuBoards

Something is totally wrong.

Domon

Okay this has happened for two days. I will enter a forum and post and then leave by clicking on the OtakuBoards/Anime Superstar icon and then i will be taken to the forums and i won't be recognized for posting, it will be someone else, i know that those people posted before me because i checked. Is something wrong with my computer or is something wrong with the boards, cause to get the most recent posts i have to log out and then log back in. Is there something going on or is something wrong with my comp? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

I've had that problem on other vBulletin boards.
Soemtimes It doesn't register new posts, nor mine, so I sometimes end up double-posting. (Not as if they have any rules ^_^)
I post, but when I go back to the thread, my post ins't visible to me; Even though I know its there.
I usually had to end up searching for posts by my username. Then my posts would appear.

OB hasn't ahd that problem for me. *Shrugs*

This is what I suggested when he PMed me. I can't think of much else to do outside of these, as when I had this problem with IGN the second option fixed it for me.

[QUOTE]I'm not really on the Tech Staff heh, that's just Rikku... But let's see.
There are few things that come to mind... I'll assume you are using Internet Explorer, as that usually is the same reason other ones don't work. Here are some options...

1.) The first thing would be, yeah, your cookies. I'd try clearing at least the OB ones out and see what happens. I used to have a similiar problem at IGN.

2.) The second thing to do would be to go in the Internet Options under Tools. Pick settings under the Temporary Internet Files box. Make sure "never" or "Everytime I start IE" aren't checked. Most likely they aren't. If "automatically" is checked, try out "Every visit to the page."

On my IE, it's set to automatically, and that works fine. But changing that is worth a shot. Change it back if it doesn't help.

3.) The last thing I would do is make sure your clock is on the right date. I know it sounds really stupid, but I've had this happen before accidently.

---

I'd try the second option especially, as I had a similiar problem and that fixed it. If you're on AOL, this is most likely the problem. AOL likes to keep cookies and not refresh the page correctly, even if you tell it to.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, apparently none of these have worked for him.

Well the deleting of my cookies is no good. I've changed a few things on my options panel, but for some reason my clock when i'm on the main page doesn't keep up with the regular clock, is there any reason why that might not be working? Is there anyway i can change this?

• 3 weeks later...