Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey, today I just got my contacts and now I'm practicing using them. It still feels a little wierd and they're hard to get used to. Any sage advice?
Guest visser 3
Posted
Keep your hands clean at all times.Also take good care of them because one scratch can screw up the entire thing.
Posted
at first its really weird, you slowly get used to it ^_^;' but try not blink out your contacts like me >.< today my contact came out on the bus @___@! >.< do you have hard contacts or soft? o.O
Posted
i think it is, my bro had hard and switched to soft, I have soft and 2 weeks disposables also, I think its time to change again though gotta check calander XD' ^^
Posted
I've always used soft, I think it's pretty obvious the advantages there...

There's not really much to say. You'll have to adjust to rubbing your eyes differently so your contacts don't fall out every time though.
Posted
I've had contacts a few years... I have to say, don't get lazy. Take those things out every night. You may not think so at first, but you'll regret it later if you get into the habit of not taking them out and cleaning them daily (well I guess unless they are designed for that, some new ones are).

The first week is the only hard part. Hell, nothing is even as bad as the first time heh. You'll get used to it, probably to the point that you could push your eyeball with your finger without it bothering you.
Guest visser 3
Posted
What are the differences between hard and soft i mean are they stronger.They are right dont get lazy or they will go in your Eye lids and everything its crazy.
Posted
Yeeesh don't want that to happen. Anywhoo they're off now and I'm wearing glasses again. I'm only allowed to wear them 2 hours today, 4 tomm., 6, 8, 10, then I'm with 'em forever.

:smirk:Boy what a gameplan...
Posted
The key to putting them in is to go reall, really slow-GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!*gouges out his eye*

OMFG! I'M IN PAIN! OMFG!!!

heh. :therock: Okaaaaayyyyy......


anyway, it takes a bit to get used to, but you will get used to them.

I'll shut now. :bluesweat:
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]oooh, always remember to use the eye-droppy thingy once or twice during school. If they get too dry, they begin to bug you more, and they could actually fall out if they're too wet or dry. ^_^;

Also, if something gets in your eye, never rub it especially when you have contacts on because it can really scratch your eye bad. And, never sleep or take a shower with contacts on. When I took a shower with them on, one of them fell out. u.u; Annnd.. there was a little accident with one of my mom's friends when she went to sleep with her contacts on... >>;

I've had them about half a year to a year now, so I'm pretty used to them. ^_^;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B]oooh, always remember to use the eye-droppy thingy once or twice during school. [/B][/QUOTE]

I find blinking a lot when they get dry works just as well.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
I've had contacts a few years... I have to say, don't get lazy. Take those things out every night. You may not think so at first, but you'll regret it later if you get into the habit of not taking them out and cleaning them daily (well I guess unless they are designed for that, some new ones are).[/QUOTE]

that aint no joke right there, killer. i got really lazy with mine for several months. i never took them out. i just wore them all the time until they fell out (they would go for a couple weeks)then, id just pop in another one. my eyes sort of got infected pretty bad.

[QUOTE]The first week is the only hard part. Hell, nothing is even as bad as the first time heh. You'll get used to it, probably to the point that you could push your eyeball with your finger without it bothering you.[/QUOTE]
every one worries about not screwing up, but, really, its kind of hard to screw it up.
...and about pushing your eye. i can touch my eyes with no problem. my brother and i found out that if you push your finger onto the sides of your eyes and look straight ahead without moving your eyes or blinking (and with a fair amount of pressure), you can make yourself go blind for a few seconds. it gets blurry, then everything goes grey. you cant tell colors or differentiate any kind of light changes or anything. (it cuts off the blood to your optic nerve until you let go. it takes a few seconds for your sight to return to normal.) its kind of funny to do to yourself. (its even more fun to talk someone else into doing it and then stealing the money from their wallet while they're blind. lol) :devil:

edit-proper "quotatious-ness" and "grammatication"
Posted
I did the same thing. I never took them out because I never had time to put them in in the morning. I never got an infection, but when I finally took them out my eyes felt really gross. It took well over a week for them to feel like normal.

Was a stupid thing to do... at least it was many years ago heh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...