Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I got a question? Why can't Magneto control Colossus in his metal forum?

Who you think is going to be the best X Man in the X Men 2 movie? I think Wolverine is going to kick butt. They showed the trailer when i went to see DareDevil. It showed my boy Colossus in it. My and some other friends where going wild.
Posted
[color=red][b]About your Q, I don't know, but he prolly can. I think Colossus will kick butt, only because he was my favorite x-men character back in the day. Everyone liked Wolverine and I wanted to be differnet. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
You can download all three trailers at [url]www.apple.com[/url] if you wanted. The movie looks pretty good. I mean... with the complete disappointment of Daredevil and the probable disappointment of Hulk, I can only hope for X-2. Although I fear the focus on Rouge and Iceman will be far too much.
Posted
[color=red][b]Bah! I [i]hated[/i]..no wait,[i]loathed[/i] Rouge. "Look at me! I am super strong and can fly (superman anyone?) but if anyone touches my skin they faint, and I lose my powers and get thiers! I'm totally worthless in bed!" Bah. I just hated her.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Bah! I [i]hated[/i]..no wait,[i]loathed[/i] Rouge. "Look at me! I am super strong and can fly (superman anyone?) but if anyone touches my skin they faint, and I lose my powers and get thiers! I'm totally worthless in bed!" Bah. I just hated her.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Did we watch the same movie?

Also dardevil was not a disapointment, although I do believe that Hulk will be.
Posted
[color=red]Because Colossus in his transformed state is technically not a metal. His skin becomes an organic matter with properties similar to metal, but much more flexible. It's probably closer to silk.

--Chris[/color]
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
Yeah JCBaggee is right so he most prob can not control him. i thought that the DD movie was pretty good and the Hulk movie looks cool. Nightcrawler looks good in X-2.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I'm actually glad they'll be giving more attention to Rogue. She was utterly useless in the first movie. The only thing she did was heal herself after Wolverine stabbed her. That was it. I'd like to see some heavy absorption next time.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus [/i]
[B]Did we watch the same movie?
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][font=arial][size=1]He speaks of Rogue from the comics, not the movie, who had the abilities of flight after draining too much energy from Ms. Marvel.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
I wonder why Jean Grey doesn't use her codename (Marvel Girl) anymore.

Anyway, Rogue doesn't seem like much of a Superman rip-off to me. When it comes to Marvel Comics, flying people with superstrength is a lot more rare than it is in DC. I mean, with DC, almost every hero can fly and lift heavy objects, but Marvel doesn't put those two powers together in one hero as often. So any Marvel character (ie. Rogue) with both of those powers comes off as a cheap rip-off of Superman.

Besides, Rogue would be a closer rip-off of Wonder Woman. I mean... gender.

I can't wait for the next X-Men movie. Nightcrawler is my 2nd favorite X (Jean/Phoenix coming in first) and it's about time they used him. He should've been in the first film, if you ask me. (I mean, they gave Shadowcat a brief cameo)
Posted
I hate everyone who likes wolverine so much, unless you have a really good reason. I've always liked Gambit, NightCrawler, and Ice Man! I never have even seen the first movie, but I don't see that many movies unfortunetly...
Posted
:D X-2 looks like it's gonna be one cool movie... as for Daredevil and Hulk, I'm not gonna comment till I've seen 'em.

As to my favourite.. uh.. X-man(?) Cyclops is just cool.. and the five second fragment I've seen with iceman made him look pretty cool. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nightwing [/i]
[B]I got a question? Why can't Magneto control Colossus in his metal forum? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Magneto's abilities allowed him to control and twist Colossus in the X-Men Comics, at least they did...Wolverine killed Magneto over a year ago. Magneto never killed Colossus using his abilities because Magneto never needed to exert that kind of power (if that was the case he could have simply pulled all of the iron molecules in a persons body together and catapult it through their brain like a bullet). There are several cases where the X-Men were caught trying to ambush Magneto but by X-Men #1 (not uncanny, just x-men) Collosus would remain in his flesh form during direct fights with Magneto (and later he switched to Magneto's side).

As far as favorite X-Men, my fav was always a tie between Cannonball and Archangel.[/color]
Posted
Magneto is able to control Collosus, indeed a person / object doesn't have to be metal for Magneto to control it anyway, as he can create electromagnetic fields around objects or peoplr to move them as he wishes, he even uses this ability for his flight.

Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Man, and so I was very excited when I discovered he was going to be in the next film. I have seen the trailer, and from the looks of things they won't disappoint Nightcrawler fans.
Posted
[color=deeppink]Does anyone know how they plan to introduce the new characters? Mystique is my fgavorite character, regardless of what side she's on, she kicks butt :D [/color]
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
Most of the new chars were in the first film but they didnt get much screen time, Nightcrawler does not join the team until the end he [spoiler] has to assassinate the president or something[/spoiler]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Actually, I believe Nightcrawler debuts more in the beginning than the end...I'm sure he'll be a fairly large part.

As for new charachters, I know there's a General (Cox, I believe) who [spoiler]is out to kill the X-Men. He is in part based on the preacher from the X-Men graphic novel "God Loves, Man Kills"[/spoiler], and Lady Deathstrike (Yuriko) who [spoiler]hates Wolverine in the comics, and will probably have similar motives for her appearance[/spoiler]. Mystique returns, along with Magneto, but Toad and Sabertooth do not return.

As for new X-Men, we're gonna see more of Colossus, Ice Man, Pyro, Jubilee, and I believe I heard that Kitty Pride (Shadowcat) will have a bigger role than her "run through the door scene" in the first movie. Of course, we're going to see the return of Wolverine, who left temporarily at the end of X1, but that's a given ^_^. And that's all I've got for now...

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...