kmjk Posted March 8, 2003 Posted March 8, 2003 it may be just me... but it's not showing up 4 some reason, the links still work of course, but i'm getting that lovely x-pane instead of the pic
Guest Anakin Solo Posted March 8, 2003 Posted March 8, 2003 I get that as well. Don't know what is wrong, was planning on asking a staff member soon about it, getting on my nerves. ^_^;;
James Posted March 8, 2003 Posted March 8, 2003 [color=#808080]It should work for everyone. I can see it fine. So if you're having problems viewing it...I have no idea what to do to solve that. It's probably something to do with your browser or something; most people don't seem to have much of a problem seeing the banner.[/color]
Guest cloricus Posted March 8, 2003 Posted March 8, 2003 It is just a temporary thing, try reinitializing your browser. _Should_ work fine after that. (To do this go Ctrl-Alt-Del, end iExplorer.exe and then just open in again from the start bar. [b]Do not end Explorer.exe.[/b]) Eps - The guy with 1001 post!
Guest Zeh Posted March 8, 2003 Posted March 8, 2003 [color=003399]I just deleted all my cookies/temp. internet files. Worked perfect after that.[/color]
Desbreko Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 [color=indigo]Doesn't work for me, no matter what I do. I've tried clearing my cache, shutting down Netscape, all sorts of things. (Same with Internet Explorer, too). Of course, I still can't get to [url]http://www.otakuboards.com[/url], while I [i]can[/i] get to [url]http://otakuboards.com[/url], which is annoying.[/color]
Semjaza Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 Well James and I decided that your computer is simply messed up, because even when everything is working you're the only one having problems lol.
Guest cloricus Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 Is there any news on why large parts of countries around the world can't access [url]www.otakuboards.com[/url] for about six hours each week? It's has and still is extremely annoying, and normally happens when your trying to post! ...lol. Eps - 1002... :P
Desbreko Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B]Well James and I decided that your computer is simply messed up, because even when everything is working you're the only one having problems lol. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Yeah, figures, lol... Oh well, it's not too bad, I guess. As long as I can post, I don't really care which graphics are working, or which URL I have to use, or whatever. :)[/color]
James Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 [color=#808080]Cloricus, I don't think that your post is exactly very accurate. "Large parts of countries" don't go offline for six hours a week. It seems that your area (perhaps via your ISP) is the area having problems with OB. I'm not sure why this happens. But really, I don't believe that it has anything to do with OtakuBoards itself. It's probably more likely related to your ISP. Some problems are obviously related to OB -- sometimes people will bring up a problem and it will be fixable. But in some cases, there's nothing we can do -- it's something beyond our control. Either it's a problem with our server (which can occasionally happen) or it's a problem with the user (either your PC hardware/software or ISP). If you're having trouble accessing OtakuBoards for any period of time, there is really nothing I can do about it...at this point, anyway. I simply don't know what the problem is and thus, I can't take any steps to fix it. This isn't a consistent problem; it's not happening to [i]everyone[/i], just a small minority. And so, it's very hard to pin down the precise causes.[/color]
TheShinje Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 [size=1] [color=blue] I had the same problem. not just wit OB, but Image sources weren't working for me at all :p After A while of my computer crapping out. I had to clean install windows, which in turn, reintalled Internet Exporer. Try reinstalling Explorer, or updating to a newer version IE6 Desbreko- Try installing Explorer for free. Netscape's wierd o_O [/size] [/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now