OtakuBoards

the board banner...

kmjk

Guest Anakin Solo
I get that as well. Don't know what is wrong, was planning on asking a staff member soon about it, getting on my nerves. ^_^;;

[color=#808080]It should work for everyone. I can see it fine.

So if you're having problems viewing it...I have no idea what to do to solve that. It's probably something to do with your browser or something; most people don't seem to have much of a problem seeing the banner.[/color]

Guest cloricus
It is just a temporary thing, try reinitializing your browser.
_Should_ work fine after that.

(To do this go Ctrl-Alt-Del, end iExplorer.exe and then just open in again from the start bar. [b]Do not end Explorer.exe.[/b])

Eps - The guy with 1001 post!

[color=indigo]Doesn't work for me, no matter what I do. I've tried clearing my cache, shutting down Netscape, all sorts of things. (Same with Internet Explorer, too).

Of course, I still can't get to [url]http://www.otakuboards.com[/url], while I [i]can[/i] get to [url]http://otakuboards.com[/url], which is annoying.[/color]

Guest cloricus
Is there any news on why large parts of countries around the world can't access [url]www.otakuboards.com[/url] for about six hours each week?

It's has and still is extremely annoying, and normally happens when your trying to post! ...lol.

Eps - 1002... :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Well James and I decided that your computer is simply messed up, because even when everything is working you're the only one having problems lol. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, figures, lol... Oh well, it's not too bad, I guess. As long as I can post, I don't really care which graphics are working, or which URL I have to use, or whatever. :)[/color]

[color=#808080]Cloricus, I don't think that your post is exactly very accurate. "Large parts of countries" don't go offline for six hours a week.

It seems that your area (perhaps via your ISP) is the area having problems with OB. I'm not sure why this happens. But really, I don't believe that it has anything to do with OtakuBoards itself. It's probably more likely related to your ISP.

Some problems are obviously related to OB -- sometimes people will bring up a problem and it will be fixable. But in some cases, there's nothing we can do -- it's something beyond our control. Either it's a problem with our server (which can occasionally happen) or it's a problem with the user (either your PC hardware/software or ISP).

If you're having trouble accessing OtakuBoards for any period of time, there is really nothing I can do about it...at this point, anyway. I simply don't know what the problem is and thus, I can't take any steps to fix it. This isn't a consistent problem; it's not happening to [i]everyone[/i], just a small minority. And so, it's very hard to pin down the precise causes.[/color]

[size=1] [color=blue] I had the same problem. not just wit OB, but Image sources weren't working for me at all :p

After A while of my computer crapping out. I had to clean install windows, which in turn, reintalled Internet Exporer.

Try reinstalling Explorer, or updating to a newer version IE6

Desbreko- Try installing Explorer for free. Netscape's wierd o_O [/size] [/color]