Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Earlier this week I was playing PSO and that stupid can't read disk thing came up. I was a little mad, but it was no big deal. It started doing it like 3 or 4 times a day all week, which really was making me mad. I finally settled down and adjusted to it today. About 5 mins ago I turn my GCN on, now it won't even recognize there is a disk in there. I tried another...the same. I'm so friggin PISSED OFF! I'm about to kill someone or throw my computer monitor out my window. Does anyone know what in the hell is going on?
Posted
Does this happen with PSO only or any game? That could help.

Otherwise... All I can say is the obvious stuff: Make sure the disc is clean, the system is clean and it's in an open area where it can be decently ventilated.

I believe Nintendo itself has pretty long warranty as well, so if all else fails... Try them.
Posted
Disk is clean...does it on other games. Going to clean around Cube then try again.

:EDIT: I cleaned around the fans, placed on cooler smoother surface, cleaned inside, cleaned disks, cleaned lense (very, very gently with safe material) now its a red box at the opening screen saying it can't read the disk
Posted
Well I dug out my GC Instruction Book...

Says the same stuff I said and you did in the troubleshooting. I don't know when you bought your system, but it has a 12 month warranty from Nintendo... If all else fails, hopefully you're still covered under that?
Posted
15 month owner here...I'm screwed *Cries*

:EDIT: I called Nintendo. I did a series of things, none of which work. I'm left with one question: Who will let me borrow $75?

*Throws GCN through window*
Posted
That sucks,...........my lil brother messed up my [i]first[/i] gamecube by scratching the lens with a crayon........someone, i dont know who exactly but i think it was.....thepik......was a little aggressive while they were putting a game in and thats how my [i]second[/i] gamecube was messed up, man im on my third gamecube and ive learned to A: hide it from little sibblings and B: only let yourself put and remove game CDs......you should have asked for a waranty on top of the GCN when you wanted one.......you could have got one for bout 2 years at BestBuy
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, I think that even if your Nintendo warranty has rn out, you should try the store that you bought it from. Go in there, and kick up a fuss saying you didn't pay however many dollars for the system to randomley screw up. See what they will do about it.
And, if all else fails, buy an X Box![/color][/size]
Posted
The same thing happened to me. But since I have a Pannasonic GC I just popped in a dvd laser lens cleaner disk in it. It doesn't read normal dvds, but it will read that one. After using that mine woked just fine. But I dout that would help you very much :D . They should make a laser lens cleaner for the GC
Posted
They do sell 3" CD cleaners, which are the exact same size as a GC disc... Unfortunately, I doubt they'd even spin in there for more than 2 seconds since they aren't Nintendos format.

Cleaning the lens the way you did was the best and only alternative really. It doesn't sound like something that has to do with the system being dirty though, because it would still be reading at least some of the time in that case.

And then he can buy an Xbox, which is known for having even more disc reading problems than GC has :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...