Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, I need some 'help' here
:devil:
I have a friend who thinks no one can take down his Tyranitar, or will at least die tryn' to. That's what's getting on my nerves.
I just want some suggestions from experienced trainers (hehe...not that I'm unexperienced):demon: I want to see if anyone has any unpredictable suggestions I can use against this Tyranitar. Sure, it's a decent Pokemon, but I'm not fond of it just 'cuz.

Pleez, if you can, you can e-mail your suggestions to me, and the requirements of this: make sure it's gar-un-teed!
:naughty:

Spanx! :ball:
Posted
[color=royalblue]Well, the best bet against a Tyrannitar is to pull a little trick with it. Since it's a Rock/Dark type, you would want to have a Water or a Fighting-type go against it. In this case, a Poliwrath would be perfect. A simple Mind Reader/Dynamic Punch combo would lay it out easy. As for the trick I mentioned, teach a Rhydon Surf. That way, you'll have a move that he wouldn't expect in your arsenal. (A super-effective one at that)[/color]
Posted
Hmm! Yah, I was thinkin' about a Fighting-type! ^_^ It does more damage than any other, since it's strong against Rock/Dark-types, too. :devil:

But, I know a better combo for Poliwrath, and I'm sure a lot of trainers are familiar w/ it: Whirlpool, Fissure and Mind Reader. I'm still training my Poliwrath. He's gonna be my Grim Reaper. :smirk:

Thanx for the suggestion! I never thought of that Rhydon! Well, isa it's SP.ATK good? If it isn't, I'm sure it'll only do decent damage...and besides, I don't wanna Rhydon cuz Tyranitar can learn Surf and Ice Beam. Don't wanna risk that.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Isn't Rhydon's special attack a junk heap?
Posted
Rhydon's special attack does sucks BADLY!!! So go to the offensive and get a Machamp.....

If a poliwrath get this move set:

Mind Reader ( Waste some PP ups on it :D )
Dynamic Punch
Fissure
and Surf
Item: Mystic Water


You'll beat a Tyranitar quick and easy. For a Machamp, equip Black Belt, teach Cross Chop, and let it rip.
Posted
[color=indigo]Yeah, it is, but if the attack is super effective, it'll still do a decent amount of damage. I think it'd probably be better than an attack that's only doing normal damage.[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]Actually, it doesn't matter what it's SA is, because Water moves are considered Physical Attacks and draw from the Attack score. ^_~ Shocked me when I first found that out. Oo

If you do go with a Machamp, Cross Chop is pretty much your best bet, as it can often get a critical hit. I love double damage. ^^ You can go with G/S/B Master and equip a Black Belt for extra punch and raise Cross Chop's PP with some PP Ups, or save some cash and attacha Mysteryberry.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Actually, it doesn't matter what it's SA is, because Water moves are considered Physical Attacks and draw from the Attack score. ^_~ Shocked me when I first found that out. Oo[/color][/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Um...no they don't. o_0 At least in Gold and Silver, they don't. Just look at this type chart. White types are normal, and yellow types are special. (Obviously, since normal, fighting, ground, and rock are all white).[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]... -__-; Oops... I was thinking about another type. Oo Water does in fact rely on SA. But I could have sworn it was based on Attack.... I guess I'm a little rusty from not playing in a while, lol. Sorry 'bout that. ^^;[/color]
Posted
Yeeeaaahhh...I love the Fighting-types. They have advantages against a lot of overused Pokemon :smirk:

But instead of having Poliwrath learn Dynamicpunch, I taught, instead, Fissure. So...:demon: now it doesn't really matter WHO I go against now...Fissure is a sure hit once linked w/Mind Reader. And Whirlpool keep 'em in my clutches! :D

Spanx for the suggestions! But I decided to replace Surf with Psychic. I think it's best to catch your opponent off guard, but that's just me. :D
Posted
Well, if you really want to catch your opponent off gaurd, get[R/B/Y; not sure about G/S/C] Starmie (Or Staryu), teach it Thunderbolt (or Thundershock), Psychic, Hydro Pump, and maybe an Amnesia(I forgot if they can learn that or not...) If they can't learn amnesia, teach it something like Ice Beam or something. I did that and went against Tyranitar (a GS enhanced one at that) and I won. You can try that and see if it works.

Oh, and on a side note, bring the Starmie to R/B and use the special items such as Carbos, Iron, Protien, etc. to their max ability, and HP UP and PP UP.
Posted
Yeah, I was think' about adding Starmie as a sixth Pokemon anyways on my team!

OKay, okay, I've got MY Pokemon figured out, it was easier than I contemplated, but I need to figure out the Tyranitar! ^_^' 'Problem is, it can learn all three Move Tutor moves! :/

So I need to know how to defend myself against HIS attacks just in case. I was thinkin' about a...hmmm, well, there's no doubt he'll have learned Crunch.

AAagh! >< This's the first time I've had an issue with a Pokemon! And to be quite frank, I've never actually battled another person before. I tend to overestimate, but I'm no pushover...lose or not, my Pokemon will give 'em a hard time:blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...